Premed 101 Forums

u of t rejections

Guest dentistwannabe

Guest dentistwannabe

Hi I notice people on this with gpa that u of t find competitive to get rejected straight out and not put on a waiting list, I was wondering for those of you with good gpa and dat scores ie. Fransceso and dentwannabe, why do u think u of t rejected you and for any others on the site with high gpa why do u think you got rejected from u of t and if anyone else has any friends or people they know in the same situation please post your view on this.

Thank you.

P.s please base views on actual experiences and not what you think

Guest Francesco1001

I am fairly confident my rejection was due to one very poor semester in 3rd year.. Since my 4th year marks couldn't be used because I was applying at the end of year 4 (and hence I couldn't drop my thrid year), my overall GPA was severely skewed (around 0.2 points).. Of coarse, I still have no idea how the interview was actually scored.. On the plus side, I got many of the same questions when I went to my Western interview, which helped a lot.

Francesco

Guest koft

Even though ultimately GPA plays the determining factor on getting an acceptance letter or be put on a waitlist. However, every interviewees must have a minimum score on the interview section to be considered for the admission. Failure on that will result in rejection even with a very high GPA (ie. 3.9+). Also, there are very limited number of spaces for OOP applicants. (I believe 5 ???)

Guest dentwannabe

As I mentioned in a previous post, I think that I got rejected by U of T because I didn't go to the interview (I had U of A send them my interview scores), and I'm OOP. I have friends who are also OOP applicants and they were accepted, so I think a GPA of 3.9 is competitive for OOP applicants. Another reason why I may have been rejected is because I withdrew from one course during my undergrad. I'm not sure how U of T views withdrawals.

dentwannabe

Archived