Premed 101 Forums

UofT

Guest varadinum

Guest varadinum

yes I did.

It says :The selection process was very difficult again this year because of the strength of the applicant pool, and I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission for the 2003-2004 academic year:rolleyes

Guest Plug Dis

Oh by the way dude...sorry to hear about the non acceptance. Keep your head up.....and apply to McGill next year....you'll have a better chance if you are a people person....interview is worth about as much as the GPA and its also a great school. UT focuses almost purely on GPA and people with less than 3.7 very rarely gain acceptance.>: Keep pluggin

Plug

Guest MOLARity

What do you think was the reason that you were waitlisted last year PLug? You seem to have an excellent GPA! :eek

I have 3.8, Aca. 19...I still haven't heard and am kinda losing hope the more I think about it...Does anyone know if the e-mails are being sent out in alphabetical order. I am very much near the end of the alphabet... varadinum...do you mind saying if you last name is near the beggining or end of the alphabet...sorry to hear about the U of T outcome...Have you applied elsewhere?

Guest varadinum

I am at the beginning of the alphabet and I am not a hotmail user. realy sorry that i'am a little bit late.you probably got your emails already.

first off CONGRATULATIONs plug dis:) it must have felt pretty AWESOME getting that acceptance letter:) ...me, i am on the waiting list ....but is Anyone aware of the number of people on U of Toronto's Dental waiting list?i am number 44...what r my chances people?....bring it on!

Guest toothy

hey guys, don't forget there's another dental school in Ontario! And they don't differentiate between in-province and OOPs! Being an accreditation year we are going to make some curriculum changes which will make the course load more balanced and enjoyable! System-B obturation, digital radiography, new student lounge, what more can you ask for?!

(this has been an unpaid endorsement for UWO :P )

Guest dentwannabe

Hey toothy,

I thought that all of the dental schools in Canada restricted OOP admissions to 10-15%. But UWO looks at all applicants equally? Are they the only school in Canada that does this?Thanks for the info,

dentwannabe:D

Don't be discouraged. I think you still have a good chance to get into UofT, I heard that they went down to high 40s last year. Maybe you should check with the admission office, they can give you a better assessment on your chance. Did you apply to UWO? If so, you still have another crack at it.. Good Luck!

Guest Plug Dis

At my interview, during the tour I was told that the school would be upgrading the clinic and getting new equipment. I also heard that the curriculum was changing slightly so as to allow a better introduction to clinical dentistry. If I am on crack....simply disregard my comments. Otherwise, did anyone else receive similar information from the tour guides? If you did, what do you remember being told? Peace.

Plug

Guest Hollenback

This is to anyone who applied/got rejected to U of T this year.

I've noticed that people on this board (PLUG DIS) keep posting that w/o a 3.7 or 4.0 GPA you have no shot at getting into U of T. This is a load of bull. As a CURRENT Student in the DDS program I know that that is not the case. If you were rejected last year and your GPA was high... consider that you didn't interview well. It is very possible. Believe it or not.. the interview matters, and the last thing we need is students who can get high marks and not relate to their patients.

So.. the point i'm trying to get across is that non-academic experiences do play a role in admission to U of T... as shocking as that may sound--- esp. after what has been perpetuated on this board. For those of you that have been accepted or are on the waitlist.. good luck... I look forward to meeting you at Orientation.

Holla

Guest bio792003

So you are saying that non -academic experiences and the way one can relate to their patients play a role in admission to U of T. That is very interesting …. , since Plug Dis is the same person this year as he was last year except that this year he got accepted.

My opinion is that the interview is a very subjective process and all it does is to give the admissions committee the opportunity to choose the candidates subjectively.

By the way, I hear that the 2006 class at UofT is not the brightest one. Some people barely come to classes. Could it be the interview?

Archived