Premed 101 Forums

Check your e-mails - Interview invitations have been sent

Guest Makunouchi

I can answer #2. Yes you can have a post-interview feedback session. You have less time than non-interviewees to improve before the next deadline, but hey if you got an interview then you are already ahead of the game!

As far as how it works for OOP, I dunno.

PS: I'm still waiting for the e-mail :)

Edit: I'm too slow in my reponse! I was beaten to it!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest not rex morgan

Just to add to what Ollie and Canstwoski said, when you do have your post-interview meeting, you not only get to hear about your application pre-interview, you get to hear about how you did in your interviews.

I had my post-interview feedback last year. I was given comments on my file review and my interview performance. I was even given a photocopy of how UBC scored each of my extra-curricular activities and the different categories during interview but i had to ask for them tho....chocolatechips

i've been checking the board like craaazy today and haven't seen any posts on whether anyone has received an email invite.....

haven't gotten my yet....so just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Guest bonjourtoujour

I haven't gotten anything this week about a specific day or time for my interview, but I did get one of those emails last week saying I was going to get one. From what it seems, it's not over yet though, so don't give up :)

Hi jjay,

I'm guilty :o of checking my emails every 3 minutes too. No news on this end too. I'm pretty resigned to my fate... haha. Hearing about the odds for OOP (something like 28 invitations for 5 seats) definitely made me feel a little better about not making the cut. Well, I've tried my best and there's nothing else I can do now.

ec

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Well, e-mail activity certainly is going on, albeit of a different kind. I just received an e-mail containing my interview place, time and interviewers' names. Perhaps UBC are just a wee bit busy trying to get this information out for the out-of-province folks so that travel arrangements may be made? :rolleyes

Cheers and good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi gang,

I think UBC is having some operations management problems these days - the poor people in admissions had to even cut the phone lines so that they could get their work done (anyone notice that any phone calls made to UBC were cut off). Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone now knows when the social will be, as well as the info session(s). I'm just wondering, as my interview is Monday and will need to book transportation accordingly. Thanks everyone! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear,

Spicy

Guest AnxiousBoy

I'm in the same situation (the one without the email), and i'm getting very nervous each and every day. I kinda expected the second batch to come out at least by today. Either it's not out, no one on this board made the next cut ....... or worse yet, UBC is a mean kid with a magnifying glass on an ant hill. The funny thing, though, is that a couple of days ago, they emailed me saying that they're missing my MCATs. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why would they ask me if they are not re-reviewing the files? Better yet, why are they telling me now when they had 4 months to tell me that my file was incomplete? I feel so lost with this admission process. I guess the first time never really works out. Sigh...:\

Near Maxed anxiety....:(

Guest canstowski

ERRRRR.......i still haven't received any e-mails regarding date, place or time!

Hence, ppl still waiting for an invite, there is still hope! As you can see, they are sending e-mails very inconsistently! |I

There is definitely no method to this madness.

I am an inprovince applicant, living in Vancouver, and I received notification of interview date and time today. I am beginning to think what is wrong with ME?

Guest UBCHOPEFUL

hey kirin...congratulations and good luck....i just wanted to know if the notification that you got today was the follow up to last friday's interview invitation or did they email u the interview invite today??...just curious...thanx

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Spicy Aam,

Congratulations on the Monday interview. Is anyone else joining me on Friday as yet? I think I may have one of the first interview slots on Friday, at 9:45am.

As to the festivities, I don't have my original e-mail here, but I believe it was mentioned that one information session would be held on the Friday and the other on the Sunday.

Also, I've never been to UBC Robson Square. I know where it is, but have never entered the building. Can someone describe what it's like? Is it a satellite campus of the main campus on Point Grey, that is, with classrooms, etc.?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Makunouchi

Hi,

Haven't received that second e-mail re: date of interview yet.

Anyhow, I went inside UBC Robson Square for the first time last weekend (for that "Sarah's Daughters" play).

I guess they wanted a downtown influence, since SFU was there.

Robson Square has many classrooms/lecture halls downstairs. The one I was in was a theatre-like atmosphere. Fairly nice place. Arts and commerce/business courses are just some of the things offered there. If I were to compare it to something, it would be like being at a conference (essentially what it is used for).

That's all the info I have - I'm sure someone will come along and give more helpful information.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Thank you for the Robson Square details. :)

Regarding the weekend festivities, it appears that UBC is doing a good job of transmitting new information via the FAQ section of their Admissions page. That is where I read the following:

In the evenings of March 12 and 14, 2004, information about the UBC admissions selection, undergraduate curriculum and student affairs will be provided. Also, there will be presentations to describe the three sites, VFMP, IMP and NMP. Information about travel to Prince George and Victoria to have site tours will be made available. Current medical students have planned social events following the information sessions, as well as VFMP site tours.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi,

Just thought I would add to the growing list of OOPs who haven't received interview details yet. I guess the more of us who haven't heard yet, the more comforting it is. Hopefully Monday! Keep your fingers crossed!

Melissa;)

Guest soapyslicer

Hi everyone,

I interviewed at Robson square 2 years ago. The rooms were nice but small. Not room for more that 2 people. They obviously have larger rooms but my guess is that it will be very similar. Comfortable chairs, lots of industrial strength grey carpet, and off white walls. They have a comfortable waiting area with couches and last time there was always someone from the Fac around. Washrooms as well as places to get a drink(machine) were nearby as well.

Kirsteen,

Are the info sessions going to be in the IRC again?

soapy

Guest bearman14

Hey Kirsteen,

Congratulations on the interview. I haven't been around these boards much lately, but I'm glad to see you've got another kick at the can.

As for Robson Square, I interviewed there last year, and it was a bit wierd, certainly compared to other places I interviewed. The entrance is below street level, and once inside, there was no indication of where to go. I wandered around inside for about 10 minutes before I found anyone who had a clue that interviews were going on that day. They eventually set up a booth inside the main doors, and had someone there taking ID's and getting your file together. There is a waiting area with some comfy chairs, but totally unfavourable for getting to know your fellow interviewees. My interviews were done on both the main level (which is below street level :) ) and the basement level. Now that they're doing the panel interviews, I'm not sure how it will be run. Last year we sat around in silence, and the interviewer would come out and get us, then we'd trudge after them, trying to breathe calmly and think smart thoughts. There were no current students around like at other schools, talking about the program or the school. Granted I was one of the first interviews on the first day, so maybe they were just getting warmed up. It wasn't awkward or anything, but I certainly didn't get that warm "We-love-you-and-want-you-to-consider-our-school" feeling :P

Out of curiousity, you mentioned they told you who your interviewers are. Care to share who?

Good luck.

Bearman

Archived