Premed 101 Forums

Check your e-mails - Interview invitations have been sent

Guest Makunouchi

Guest canstowski

I still haven't received my details!

BUt i don't blame them tho...with 550 sets of interview needed to be scheduled and finalized....yikes! :\

OUt of curiosity, did anyone receive interview invitation recently?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MDSMelissa

Thanks Kirsteen for the advice. I called the admissions office and they refered me to email Angela Carter, which I have just done. I am hoping to hear soon...!

Guest canstowski

They still haven't sent me the details....

I went back to the last e-mail they've sent me and

"Details regarding your interview date and time will be sent to you via email by February 13, 2004."

Its not wise on their part to set deadlines for themselves and fail to meet them (i.e. reference letter due date changed from March 1st to March 15th). Maybe they shouldve said ASAP instead haha.

But after hearing ppl who certainly have the stats for interview invites, not receiving interviews yet, ppl with interview invites, not recieving their details, and ppl being notified that they were wrongfully invited to interview, i couldn't help thinking that adcom is going thru a mini crisis. Imagine if this was telus and not UBC MED, i'd say most ppl would be filing a complaint ;)

Okay, enough whining....i think things would be a lot worst if i was in charge :lol

cantowski: agreed! but i guess this is the first year with the new system, so some bugs do have to be expected. you have an interview, so just relax and you will get the info eventually! :)

Hang in guys.

Just letting you know that after admissions sends you the time and date for your interview, they send a huge 337kb email with 4 attachments. Just info about the wine and cheese info session, a hello from Dr. Frinton, e-mail addresses of current first year med students we can contact if we have any questions and a hello from the medical undergrad society of UBC.

Don't let your inboxes overflow.

kirin

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

I am pleased to report that I finally got my interview invite... I will be interviewing on my birthday, exactly one day after my interview at MUN. Lots of flying ($$$) :eek

But happy to finally know the plans...!

Guest sleepless in Vancouver

What does your last name start with? You just got the first e-mail today?

I just phoned UBC Med and they said that they have done most of the notifications but they are still sending out some till the end of the week.

Guest driedcaribou

Are the interview dates in any particular order?

Are they alphabetical? By how high your score is? Or are they completely random?

It seems like the notifications were alphabetical... I just got my interview details today.

Now I have to book a flight.

Guest AnxiousBoy

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (to myself as well), but I couldn't wait anymore and I called them up. They said that the list of candidates selected for interview is now over. Good luck to everyone whose moving on to the next round!

Hey Anxious Boy: Thanks for letting us know :( Now I can at least answer the "did you get an interview?" question. Did you happen to ask when they would start taking feedback appointments?

Hey that was my 100th post!:D

Guest kakashifan

hey ollie and fellow people who 'will' be rejected...:(

i e-mailed ubc med and this is what they wrote back...

Please wait for your letter of regret to be received--after you've reviewed the information, there will be a number there to contact in order to schedule an appointment.

=0. kakashi_fan

and apparently, the majority of the emails have been sent out already for those that have been selected for an interview. At least that's what I've been told. There are still some emails that will be sent out (which would happen in the next few days) so there is still hope! The interview selection process will be done by this Friday.

Hope this helps.

Guest AnxiousBoy

That's not what they told me. But then again, I think they were a bit annoyed that I kept hassling their office.

Aw whatever. Look on the bright side. It's a nice break away from studies for at least a year. I sure need it after the stressful 4 years of college.

Archived