Premed 101 Forums

Check your e-mails - Interview invitations have been sent

Guest Makunouchi

Guest sleepless in Vancouver

Yeah, I got that same answer jjay. Why are people at the med office so confused about what's going on? No one is communicating with one another over there. They've got some serioius organization problems! How very very disappointing!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CornuAmmonis

Regarding the confusion,

I called this afternoon and I got the message that if we didn't hear from them regarding the interview, it wouldn't happen. And basically we should be waiting for our snail mail rejection.

I just don't understand why there is confusion. You would think thaty after spending so much money you would get a definite answer relatively quickly.

With respect to all of the other school, I am really starting to dislike this e-mail and phone notification for the successful bunch, while the rest of applicants receive their news by default. I think all applicants should receive their notices around the same time. I could care less if I received my rejection letter by snail mail or e-mail. I just don't think its right to stress out and wait and assume I dind't get in because others already received their news.

Ok...I'll stop my complaining now

Guest gonzo23

I feel the same way. I feel like I put a fair bit of money into this application and UBC doesn't seem to be doing a very efficient job (at least wrt rejects).

I know that it's a higher priority to ensure interviewees are informed, but I really feel like a second class person (well, I know I am since I'm in the reject pile), seeing as they are taking so long to inform me of my status. Same goes for Ottawa.

Why can't everybody be like Mac and send out the word either way on the same day! I feel unsuccessful applicants have the right to know just as much as successful applicants.

Reading all the stories and stresses makes me get extremely disillusioned by the process. Is all this really necessary?

Well good luck to everyone... no matter what your status at this point.

Guest not rex morgan

I remember being in that boat, and finding it really inconsiderate not being notified earlier. If you're rejected, you have to start putting wheels into motion for how you're going to use the next year. I guess being on the other side of things, I do appreciate how crazy the admissions process is, and sort of understand that they are not intentionally being elusive, it's really just a matter of getting things done. They are running a completely different style of interviews this year and not only orchestrating 550 applicants, but also 150 interviewers. I imagine that while they sympathise, there is just not enough time in the day. It was really kind of you to pass on this info, though. You're right, you do need closure, and time to make alternative plans. Hopefully in the future they will be able to work out their speedbumps and allow more time to inform those who are not being interviewed earlier. Best of luck with the rest of the applications. I do know what it's like to not be interviewed...twice. I got in the year I was finally interviewed. It was an arduous process, but one well worth it.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I've been reading the notes from the folks who have contacted certain Admissions Offices, e.g., UBC and Ottawa, and being a little disgruntled when comparing their responses with those of others due to their seeming inconsistency. For these two schools, at least, in terms of finding out if an interview (or acceptance) is in your future, it's probably better not to call them at all.

The seeming miscommunication in responses from the Admissions Offices may simply point not to their degree of disorganization or inconsideration, but instead, to the offices not wishing to deliver any bad news over the phone. If you were in their position, would you? I mean, who likes to be the bad guy? :( It's great to call up an applicant and give them fantastic news, but the opposite type of call could incur a range of conceivable responses and interactions that perhaps only sadists may enjoy. I agree, it would be great for the rejections to appear simultaneously or before the offers of interview, and it can be tempting to try to ease your stress by seeking information from the Admissions folks, but try not to take it personally if they are hesitant to share your information with you.

Cheers, and best of luck,

Kirsteen

great Kirsteen. I'll see you there.

Canstowski, I think that this year's session will be a bit different from last years because of the expansion. So I encourage you to go :)

cheers,

Dunes

Archived