Premed 101 Forums

Check your e-mails - Interview invitations have been sent

Guest Makunouchi

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Thanks all for your input re: Robson Square. Hopefully it works out well as an interview location, and not too impersonally. :)

MDSMelissa: I was surprised to read your e-mail, above, as I thought you had already received an invitation from UBC. Did you not mention an invitation in a previous UBC thread? If not, then hopefully one is soon to come. :rolleyes

bearman: hello again and nice to see you about! :) My interviewers are: Dr. Smith, Dr. MacKenzie and Mr. Strachan.

For the person interviewing at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, when I last interviewed at UBC I interviewed there. Keep your eyes peeled as I don't recall that the building (which is fairly low profile to begin with) had a street number on it. Regarding the interview chez the College, does it involve Dr. Doug Blackman? I interviewed with him in his massive, sunny office. Good luck.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there iddle,

Do you happen to have an engineering background? The reason I ask: I believe one of your interviewers--Dr. Rajapakse--may certainly have one. :) Aside from Dr. Rajapakse, I can't offer too many insights.

For which of the days is your interview scheduled?

Cheers and best of luck,

Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen, nope, no engineering background. I see that Dr. Rajapakse is on the Mechanical Engineering faculty. I'm not too sure on the connection. My interview date is on Friday.

I see you have Mr. Strachan on your panel. If it is Bruce Strachan, he a member of city council here in Prince George, and a former MLA. Are you considering the NMP?

iddle

Guest ubcpharmer

It seems to be that by talking to other each panel consists of one lower mainland interviewer, one from the island and one from up north. It is also interesting that each interview team has a member from the community rather than all people from the universities. I wonder, does this make it easier or harder?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

You sound pretty much spot on. Apparently each interview panel is supposed to be balanced in terms of the following: 1) the three "Distributed Program" regions; 2) community, clinical and research faculty representatives; 3) gender, i.e., not exclusively women nor men.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

congrats everyone for getting an interview

crikey! mine is bright and early on March 12 at 830 am. Man...

I have Dr. Perry Howard, Ms. Courtney Langer, and Dr. Tibor Bezeredi for interviewers.

As for me, practically everyone I know has an interview with UBC medicine. I know at least 10 people in my MICB & IMM program that have an interview, pretty much everyone that applied has one.

Good luck

Kupo

I'm scheduled with Mr. Allan Anderson, Dr. Paramjit Bhui and Dr. Mary Kelm. Anyone knows anything about these interviewers? btw, i'm scheduled on Sunday at Robson Square.

aiko.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again iddle,

Sorry, but I didn't answer your question before re: the NMP. The NMP is not my first choice of the three programs, however, I'd probably be a fairly good candidate for being educated in Prince George. I have spent a fair bit of time living and working in small towns, e.g., the town in which I grew up in Scotland was populated by 7,000 people; I believe there are great benefits to be had by learning medicine in such an environment, and I have a good pal who is a professor at UNBC. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Spicy Aam

Hey all,

Well, after hearing glo's terrible story, I'm hoping that I'm still genuinely invited for an interview. Glo, I can't believe that they would turn you down since they made the mistake. That is a HUGE error on their part! Best of luck on your UofA interview.

I had a question regarding the time of the seminar/social on the 14th. Does anyone have any idea about the agenda that evening? I think the social will proceed after the info seminar, but I'm not sure what the timing is like. I booked my ticket and am now worried that I may have booked it too late (to arrive in the evening of the 14th). Anyhow, if anyone knows, please tell!

Spicy :hat

Guest Makunouchi

I guess I'll give them a shout tomorrow if I don't get this second e-mail.

It's too bad we don't get an official hard-copy letter with enclosures about activities and social events.

hey guys.....

does any of you happen to know what the cutoff was for getting an interview for in province applicants? I mean I got one, but I just wanted to know what I had to jump through in order to get an interview. Someone was saying it was 42 for OOP, are there any similar stats for in province?:)

Guest ubcpharmer

Hey

Br. paramjit Bhui is a friends father. a nice soft spoken gentlemen. know why you want to be a doctor and how you will handle the stresses of med school and of a career as a doctor

Guest MDSMelissa

Just to answer some questions:

Kirsteen- Yes, I did recieve the email saying that I am invited for an interview, and the confirmation email back saying that details are to follow, but I haven't yet received anything detailing the date, time, location and interviewers.

Also, I too am a first time applicant to UBC meds.

Guest Climbing

Hi all,

Just to update everyone, I called to get my date and time because I needed to know today due to difficult circumstances.

In any case, once I told them why I called, they were very helpful. Turns out the interview information is done alphabetically and since my last name began with R, I have not been sent that e-mail. Dr. Frinton is still in the process of writing those letters, so it may be not till tomorrow that we hear about this information.

My interview is on Sunday March 14th at 2:45pm at the College.

cheers

Guest MDSMelissa

Me too, my name starts with a "J"...

I hope they send it out today, I have an interview on the other side of the country on March 12th, so I am hoping not to get an interview on that date. Maybe I should call about my concern? I am not sure what is an appropriate reason to call :( .

Guest pokadot42

My last name starts with N, and I did get an email Friday afternoon. Seems there may not be too much rhyme nor reason to their system. In any case, I'm sure those emails are on their way! ;)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there MDSMelissa,

I'd definitely let UBC know that you have some pressing commitments on the other side of the country around UBC's interview times. They're normally only happy to help if they can, but advance notice would help them help you. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived