Premed 101 Forums

Anyone hear from UT yet???

Guest DaveOnNitros

Guest DaveOnNitros

Well it's April 11th and I am waiting for that e-mail to arrive. I am getting little impatient :rolleyes I was wondering if anyone of you got an email from UT yet. Wish you all the best!

Guest DaveOnNitros

Hehe ~! whenever the 'new message has arrived' alert sounds my heart stops a beat, just to find out that I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage for the next 10 years. I wonder what time the dentistry building closes....

Guest DaveOnNitros

wouldn't it be funny if we received them at 11:59pm few seconds before midnight~? it would be even funnier if all of us were clogging the UTOR email network because everyone is checking their emails every 2 seconds... hehe

now i really got to find me something to take my mind off this for awile....

Guest DaveOnNitros

i am supposed to write up a lab report based on my lab work done throughout the entire year.... it's funny how everything i write and read reminds me of teeth...

is it just me or is this day getting longer and longer?

Guest Koggetsu

anyway have a rough idea how far the waiting list for UT usually goes down to? ie. how far down the waiting list can u be and still expect a good chance to get in?

Guest Koggetsu

really? only 30? I thought my friend told me it was 40something. Anyone know the exact number?

Anyone had more stats from further back?

Guest peachy

I have a friend who applied to dentistry at UofT, and we are guessing that the order on the email list is the same as the rankings ... can anybody confirm or deny this based on their own ranking / place in the list?

Guest MACFORME

Hi,

I dont think it would be that easy to figure out the ranking order, but hey if 3-4 cases can confirm that their rank is the same as the order on the email list after email number 64 then wohoo.

best of luck guys

Guest MOLARity

It's unbearable now! I still haven't heard!!!:\

I can't believe that the admin. staff at dentistry is still there after 5pm on such a beautiful day mailing out notifications...I just hope that they send out all the e-mails today becasue I don't want to spend another minute worrying about this!

Guest Plug Dis

Holly @#%$ dudes,

I was at work all day checking my email every 2 hrs....I come home expecting to hear something and still nothing. Why would they do it this way....I hope it doesn't reflect the kind of thinking that goes into the design of the curriculum. Anyways...my two cents. Last year I remember checking my email till like 4:30 and found nothing.....then when I checked my email at 9:30 there was my waitlist letter. Everybody stay patient...we'll get through this....besides the leafs are playing tonight...Go leafs.

Guest dentwannabe

Well, at least the wait is over. I got an email saying that I've been rejected. I knew that it was going to be really difficult to get in since I'm OOP, and I tried to prepare for the worst, but I have to admit that I'm more disappointed than I expected. Hopefully I'll get in at U of A though....Anyway, for those of you that got in, congratulations. You should be really proud of yourselves. That is an amazing feat. And for those of you who are waitlisted, good luck. And finally, for those who were rejected, don't give up. Hopefully you'll get in somewhere else and you can definitely use your experiences from this year to make you an even better candidate for next year.

Take care,

dentwannabe

Guest DaveOnNitros

dentwannabe:

i am sorry to hear that.. but as far as know there are only 5-6 spots for OOP students. It's really difficult to understand how the admission process works, considering PlugDis with a 4.0 gpa could not get in last year. I think much of it has to do with luck. But just keep at it and I wish you all the best!

Archived