Premed 101 Forums

and if we still havn't heard anything...

Guest Camton

Guest Camton

Since "all accepted applicants should have received a welcome email plus an introduction and login information to Medix" what does that really mean for the rest of us who have heard nothing? Should that be read as "I know you've waited a really really really long time, put a lot of your life on hold and made sacrifices for us, but you didn't get in. Chin up though"?

Guest IWKPIC

As someone who is still waiting (as I have been deferred), I believe the posted message on the admissions website refers only to the applicants who have already been accepted. I don't believe they meant to suggest that all 92 applicants have already been accepted, just that the ones that have been accepted should have received a welcome email. I am sure you will hear something soon. I believe I read somewhere on the admissions website that the waitlists are set by the end of June therefore all applicants, including deferred applicants will have an acceptance, rejection or waitlisted status by that point.

I know this probably doesn't make you feel much better at this point but good luck!!

Guest Camton

that's more or less what I had in my head as the answer already, I just needed to vent a little frustration and exasperation. Catharsis is good for the soul. Good luck with your app.

Guest JewelLeigh

IWKPIC is correct in that the information you quoted from the admissions site is referring to those who have been accepted SO FAR. If you have been deferred, you still definitely have the potential to be accepted, so not to worry :)

Guest nbgurl

I was just wondering if anyone else had not heard anything at all!!??? I haven't received a deferral email or accept/reject letter and Im starting to get worried. At what point should you call the admin office?

ps Im a nb resident

Guest cactus

Hellooo,

Does anyone else who hasn't even yet been deferred feel like a rejection letter is looming???? Have they completed reviewing files and e-mailing deferences? So many questions. I hope they at least post on their site when they've reviewed everyone the first time around!

Cactus,

I am in the exact same boat as you right now. No deferral email, and the last admissions committee meeting for the review of non-deferred files was yesterday. It's a little daunting, knowing that an acceptance or rejection letter is coming my way :( .

I think for some reason getting rejected at the last meeting is the worst, I would rather get the bad news earlier if that is what is in store for me - as Camton said "I know you have waited a really really long time, put a lot of your life on hold and made sacrifices for us, but you didn't get in. Chin up though?"

I am trying to have the most positive thoughts possible - I know a lot of my friends and family are rooting for me, so the best I can do is hope an acceptance letter is coming my way!

Good luck everyone, I sincerely hope a good letter arrives in your mailbox soon :)

Guest Camton

Aye, the three of us should start a club. Entry criteria are "haven't heard anything" and "fear the worst". Now all we need is an official club sandwich. I'm thinking bacon, lettuce, tomatos and maybe turkey, then we cut it into 4 pieces. Everyone will want in, just for the sandwich.

Guest Ninja Star360

I got my deferral email this Monday. So I guess a few more weeks of waiting....As everyone says, it is painful to have to keep waiting and waiting.

Archived