Premed 101 Forums

Apartments...To see or not to see?

Guest MikeD

Guest rookiemeds

I really recommend going the Ikea route. It costs $59 for delivery but you can ship as much as you want. For those of you living near an ikea, you can go pick out your stuff in person and have it shipped. In my opinion, Ikea can't be beat for inexpensive nice furniture.

For bigger ticket items I found it helpful to pick things out at a nation-wide type store before leaving and picking them up at the Halifax store. That's just me though - I wanted to have things pretty well organized when I got here. I ordered a wonderful bed from The Bay - picked it out at home in Ontario and they delivered it from the Bay in Halifax.

Of course there are lots of great places to buy furniture here in Halifax. I'm just a little anal and wanted to have things figured out before all the O-week excitement hit.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in August!

Guest CaesarCornelius

Just bought stuff from Ikea, and the $59 thing no longer exists. Cost us $200! But we did get a sofa and dining room table..:)

IKEA ROCKS.

CC

Guest MikeD

So has everyone already found a place to stay? Just today did I finally get things finalized and approved -- we're playing it safe and going with the Park Victoria. Up high on the 17th floor so hopefully it's a nice view.

As for Ikea stuff, I spent Saturday rummaging through their store in Burlington and came up with a nice list. Looks like they upped the prices a bit, but still a pretty sweet deal. For an entertainment centre, tv stand, dining room table and 4 chairs, 2 bookshelves, 2 dressers, and 2 side tables, they told us shipping would be $189. Seems low compared to what CC paid (unless he bought a lead couch), but hey, I'm fine with that :)

Guest mosquitoba

mikeD - congrats on getting a place! it must feel good to start getting things settled. i was on the 17th floor at the park vic too! if you're on the harbour side, be prepared for some awesome views!!! :D

mosquitoba

Guest michca

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to let you guys know I have been offered a spot at Western, along with a hefty scholarship, so I have withdrawn from my spot from Dal. But good luck moving to Halifax, and enjoy your time at Dal!

Archived