Premed 101 Forums

WGPA

Guest chicaromes

Guest chicaromes

Hi guys,

I'm just finished my second year. UofO might be an option when I apply after my 3rd year but the GPA cut-off is scaring me off so I don't know if I should waste my time/effort in applying for it. I know that last year, in -province cut-off was ~ 3.8ish. My first year I got 3.78 and then I slid drasticaly to 3.43. Even if I get a 3.8 during my third year, my max WGPA would probably end up around 3.67, way under the 3.8 cut-off.

So, my question is should I scrap the UofO plans? The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the process of choosing courses for next year and I still need to fill some of UofO's prereqs.

Thanks guys !

Guest medeng

At this point you may be out of luck for UofO, but keep in mind the weighting formula, if you've completed 3 years:

[(yr 1 x 1) + (yr 2 x 2) + (yr 3 x 3)] ÷ 6 = wGPA

so you may want to take the prereq's to keep your options open, a good 3+4 year could make up for the drop in second year...

Guest chicaromes

Hmm, yeah that was my point. I'm entering 3rd year so like I had mentioned, even if I had achieved a 3.8 in my third year and I apply thereafter, it works out like so:

3.78 x 1 + 3.43 x 2 x 3.8 x 3 <=3.8!

I might have a chance I suppose if I wait til after my four years to see if my marks have improved....sigh:\

Archived