Premed 101 Forums

In need of a place

Guest naejpiy

Guest naejpiy

Hi everyone

This is my first time posting here. I just got into the med school off the wait list last week and although I'm excited, I'm also in desperation to find a place to stay! Anyone need a roomate or want to share a two bedroom with a non-smoking female?

Guest windsorgrad

hey

I need a roommate too. I found an apartment building 5 minutes from school. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers.

Karan

Guest naejpiy

Hi Karan

I actually might be purchasing an apartment. I'm going up next weekend to check out the places for sale. If it looks bad I'll be renting. Regardless i still need a room mate cuz I'm thinking of getting a two bedroom (rent/purchase). If you wanna be roomies, it'll be cooL!

Jeannie

Guest drbutterwick

Does anyone have a room available in their place? or is anyone looking for a roommate?

I had a nice place lined up; however, the landlord hasn't returned any of my calls/emails for the past two weeks! I guess "the place is yours" means something different in Ottawa???? Very frustrating.

I need to wrap this up in under 3 weeks though, cause I'm leaving for Europe August 9th. If anyone could help me out, that would be great.

Cheers, Derek

Guest Ports

Hey Derek

I was actually looking for a place, and possibly a roomate. I was going to take this place

"1701 Kilborn Ave.

(613) 737-0721 - ask for Zipi

I ended up taking a 1-bedroom here, they have an indoor pool, sauna, tennis court; utilities included; rooms are fairly spacious and have terraces (like balconies, but less exposed); the air conditioning is centrally-controlled, but the rooms felt cool despite the 29 degree weather outside. I walked to the faculty of medicine in just under 20 minutes. There is also a bus stop right in front that goes to Alta Vista, then 1 connection to downtown. Rent is a bit high, from $730-$950/month for 1 bedroom, prices ranging with the room size; as a bonus they give you the choice of a chest freezer, microwave, or TV to keep (sounds like an Ultramatic commercial, doesn't it?) The landlady was helpful and pleasant, and the building seems very well-kept. There are actually 2 towers, both have a high percentage of seniors/professionals (the back tower has 70% seniors - I talked to a graduating nursing student that lives there and she said she was *extremely* satisfied). " as posted by steveybee and I'm going to Ottawa from London on Monday. But the 2 bedroom would be a lot cheaper if I could find a roomate.

Check it out on http://www.rentersnews.ca

Guest drbutterwick

Hey,

I'm from London too. I actually work on campus at the Fowler-Kennedy clinic. We should hook up and talk places then..'cause I'm definitely looking for a roommate. Email me directly at derekbutterwick@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you right away.

Cheers, Derek

Guest Ports

Hey Steve

I'm actually going up this Saturday to see several apartments at 1701 Kilborne along with other locations. So far Kilborne is my first choice. Did you fill out your aplication online and then sign the lease or did you make 2 trips? And when are you moving in?

Cheers

Jay

Guest SteveyBee

Hey Jay,

I'll be making a second trip (probably next week) to sign the lease, as I applied in person during my visit a few weekends ago. As far as moving in, Aug. 23 is looking like my move-in day. I'm going to be living in the tower closest to the street on the 8th floor (I think it's 804, but I have to recheck). Happy apartment hunting this weekend!

Steve

Archived