Premed 101 Forums

10 more days!!!

Guest MdotDdot

Guest MdotDdot

Hey Fellow Waiters!

How are you all doing? This section has been the quietest lately. There are only 10 more days to wait. See!!! After all the debates and worries, our patience as paid off. I was thinking that on the night/evening of the 28th we can pop into the chat room to express our excitement or disapointment. Good luck Guys! :rollin

Guest csname

Yeah, the wait is definitely killing me. If canada doesn't work out this year, then I might be heading out to europe. I actually have an interview in New York for an Irish Med School at the end of May. Luckily its after may 28. If I get the email (God willing), I'm cancelling my flight tickets. If not, I guess good bye Canada. Anyways, good luck to all of you thru these 10 days and then the 28th. :D

Guest 15Sacha

I just wanted to say Good Luck this week to all of you. I won't post until the big day!

Csname- hopefully you will have good news and won't have to go to Europe. Although, it would make a great summer trip..hmmm!!

About 4 more days. Boy am I getting nervous!:o

Guest hacker

I would also like to wish everyone best of luck !!;)

I'm curious to know how many times will everyone check their email Friday morning ?? :D every 5 seconds ?!

H

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'd like to throw in some luck, too. :)

My e-mail pops up automatically, so the biggest indication that nothing has arrived for me during the initial round of acceptances will probably be available here, when/if I begin to read people's good news. Ack! Thankfully, I have a presentation to do on Friday morning at around 10am, but I think I'll be legging it out of the apartment way earlier than that, so I don't have to worry being adhered to my mailbox window like a limpet for the better part of the morn. :)

By the way, did anyone else get the feeling from the Ottawa interview information session that the e-mail was going to appear first thing in the morning? (For some reason, 8:30am comes to mind.) :rolleyes

Best of luck,

Kirsteen

Guest mdhopeful23

yes, i am sure i will be in agony each time outlook pops up with 'new mail has arrived, would you like to read it now?'. after breaking into a cold sweat, shakly clicking on the 'yes' button, it'll probably be just another boring work-related email...i wonder how many times ill be doing that next friday :b .

it seems like there's been such a buildup to this moment. its kinda funny how quickly it will all be over with the arrival of one email.

good luck to all! :D

Guest Maury1274

Hi All! I have been working everyday to keep my mind off of this stuff. This is the first day I have checked this site in a long time, so now I have some catching up to do.

I have also read that many have already been accepted into OOP med schools (i.e. Kirsteen). That is truly excellent! All of you seem to be great people and I hope to have the opportunity to be in your class.

However, I had a poor interview experience so I am not expecting an email, but instead hopefully a *good waitlist*. Good Luck All.

Guest csname

by the way, does anyone know if ottawa's going to be sending a single merge email to all 123 candidates early in the morning, or is going to be like last year where people were receiving emails well into the afternoon. Man, I wish I had Aladin's genie to find out right now for me whether i'm in or not :lol

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

During the interview information session it was mentioned that one e-mail would be sent to all successful candidates in the morning. Given the success of the recent MS e-mail merge experiment, perhaps that idea has now evolved a little. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest tappety tap

I don't know for sure...maybe they changed things this year...but they seem to like sending out emails alphabetically by last name.

I haven't decided if I should check my email every ten minutes, or avoid checking it all until the end of the day. Everyone at work will be asking if I've heard anything though, so I imagine I'll likely check it constantly and drive myself crazy. These last couple days seem to be the hardest!

Guest dantheman30

My parents are coming up to Ottawa on Thursday night to buy a car... what a pleasent surprise it would be to them for me to get this email!!!! Im leaving my house, and any site near a computer in the morning and checking at 5pm.

Dan

Guest BlueyR6

Just remembered something Nicole Racine mentioned...those of us with hotmail accounts should add admissmd@uottawa.ca to our contacts list. Apparently, some people had their admission e-mails go directly into the junk folder last year!

Good luck everyone.

Guest csname

Oh boy, I knew this would happen. I'm going crazy in these last few days. Now I'm realizing how bad my interview really was. For month and half I've been telling myself that I gave real thoughtful, genuine answers, but now I think a few of my answers were outright unorganized, stupid maybe :o Oh boy, I'm scared. I hate this waiting game. why can't they just tell us within a week !! I'm scared of being bad waitlisted. Even good waitlist doesn't mean much to me as I was on it last year >:

need one advice though. should I check my email early in the morning or wait till the evening. I know its a stupid question but I can't think straight right now. :smokin

Guest UOMeds06

My acceptance email went straight to my junk mail account, but I always check it so I was lucky enough to catch it. I didn't actually think of check my hotmail before I checked this board....I had read that one of my classmates got in....he then posted here....then I decided to check my account. Sure enough it was there...

I think I was lucky to have it there the first time I thought to check....otherwise, I would have wasted several hours checking continuously. My year was the first year they emailed and the server crashed part of the way through emailing out the class....so that caused a lot of distress for those who hadn't received anything. If I had to go through this again, I would rather keep myself occupied at 2 hr intervals. I might think to watch a movie or go out with friends or even go shopping or something. Hopefully, you'll be at work, too occupied to worry...but if your colleagues know that the 28th is the big day then you'll not likely get thru the day without them constantly asking for updates.

UOMeds06

NB I probably won't be on this site for a little while. I have my exam on Friday afternoon, then I'm outta town for a while...I'll do my best to keep up to date with all of you! I hope to see you in September!

Guest hacker

UOMeds06: Thanx for the advice and we all hope to see you in September too !!

csname: Think of how much time already passed since your interview. We are talking few days here so try not to overthink your inteview experience in the next few days. You can't change anything now and remember that a bad interview experience does not indicate anything about the final decision. I wish you best of luck ! :)

H

Guest csname

Thanks hacker for the encouragment. I guess I'm just over-analyzing my interview experience and it is kinda late to do that. he he. So I'm gonna sit back and relax and let destiny unfold. yeah, that's right, I'm gonna relax now. relax, yes, relax..... :lol

Archived