Premed 101 Forums

2 weeks left

Guest Jag

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Madz25

Now that exams are FINALLY over...I can start agonizing about the wait. :P

Is no one else going crazy?! This forum has been so quiet!

Madz

Guest Madz25

I think that's how it's spelled...i doubt Microsoft Word would help me out with that lol.

May 15th WOOOOOO

June 5th WOO???

Guest Jag

What's the deal with this May 15th/ June 5th @#%$? Am I the only one that thinks its kinda rude to leave about 150 people hanging like that?

Guest Madz25

No! I think it's rude too!

My personal take on the idea is that as Ontario letters are also going out at that time, there will be a lot of shuffling around since you only have 2 weeks to decide. That way, if people decide not to accept Manitoba's offer, Manitoba can send out additional offers on June 5th as opposed to keeping those people on the waitlist (if all letters were sent out May 15th). I think some people that would have initially been rejected will end up making the waitlist because of this system. It'll probably end up being less hectic this way...

I know this idea has been discussed to death already.

It'll totally suck to be on the June 5th list...having to wait an extra 3 weeks...ARGH!

Madz

Guest JTsao

hey guys, I'm so nervous waiting for an answer. Can we call Beth to find out where we are along the list if we don't get a letter from May 15th?

Guest silverjelly86

If you don't get a letter first round, maybe you should wait until June 5, when the rest of the acceptances and other decisions are sent out, then worry about it. :)

Guest Jag

I wouldn't phone Beth until after June 5th. She isn't going to tell you anything significant until then. Poor poor Beth getting hammered with phonecalls...

Guest silverjelly86

I would hate to be Beth or Christie. All these annoying kids crying that they wanna go to med school and "why didn't I get in? I have a __ average and a __ MCAT and I nursed sickly babies in Vietnam" and random bribes. Hmm . . . bribes.

Guest NRC boy

Instead of the phone, I've been bombarding Beth w/ e-mails, go technology! haha. I say we assemble a team of stealth ninjas and steal the med records. Jag can be the sexy decoy and i'll be crazy tom cruise hanging from a wire for no reason. I need 2 ppl to finish off my team. I just need a computer geek that never gets laid and a dumba$$ who makes the mission harder. Whose with me?

PS - I nursed sickly babies in Vietnam, good times. :D

Guest VS12

yeah, I've been counting the days till we find out, ever since my exams were over. The pressure is building up like crazy with every day that passes.

Guest fever meds

enjoy this experience. the next time you will have to wait is the CaRMS match...which well...will be different [to be continued].

make sure to thank family, friends, your referees etc. It is a team effort, and an acceptance means, in many cases, almost as much to them, as it does to the applicant.

Archived