Premed 101 Forums

2 weeks left

Guest Jag

Guest Jag

Holy moly, so somebody says Beth is putting the letters in the mailbox exactly a week from this very second? aye carumba!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jag

I saw Beth Jennings at the cafeteria today. I think she ordered a burger. If i remember back to my high school literature correctly, i think a BURGER is Shakespearean for 'the letters for the class of 2010 being almost ready to go.' Any english majors out there can feel free to correct me on this interpretation.

Guest happy2bme

I did take a few English classes, and the word Burger comes from the latin root "Burg" which loosely translated means"to accept". Great catch on your part Jag!

Damn your smart Jag,no wonder your in med school, now can you think of a translation for "orange jello" ???;)

Guest Jag

Ah yes, orange jello originates from the mysterious orange horse. Besides this obvious fact, orange jello is cold and ruthless like the hoops you have to jump through to get into medical school. It is also fun to eat and have on your plate, kinda like a cardiovascular disease textbook. Thus orange jello is the bridge between the premed and med world.

Guest silverjelly86

Jag, did you actually know the meaning of "Burg"? If not, great coincidence. If so, you're a genius! lol

Guest silverjelly86

I can only hope this forum livens up come early next week. It's been dead silent with the exception of a few posters. 15th of May, where are you?

Guest VS12

maybe manitobans just like to lurk or something... but i find it really hard to believe that there are only a handful of MB residents who frequent this forum. you'd think that with 300+ manitobans applying every year, that more people would use these forums.

I went to dictionary.com after being accused of being smart and found that 'burg' means

1) Informal. A city or town: “There are no more opportunities for you in this burg” (Damon Runyon).

2)A fortified or walled town in early or medieval Europe.

Either you guys are yanking The Jag's chain, or I really am a closet genious.

Guest MedBound786

Hey guys;

Can anyone tell what the average MCAT score might be for those OOP applicants accepted May 15th? I know a lot depends on other stuff like the interview and all but just a ballpark MCAT is what I am wondering about.

thanks;

5 more days people !!...(plus the stupid extra days for mail transit)

Guest Madz25

I don't think there is a way to guess the average OOP MCAT until the official stats are released. You can go to the Manitoba website and see what they were for last year.

Does anyone know whether any or all of the OOP decisions will be sent out May 15th?

Madz

Guest Madz25

You never know...the numbers I posted were the average. People with lower scores have been accepted, hence 'average.'

Madz

Guest westsimba

I wouldn't worry about the OOP average MCAT from previous years. They always seem to be quite high but in reality as long as you made it to the interview round, it means that your MCAT and AGPA are competitive.

Since the number is presented as an average, it means that there are OOP that got in below that number and above that number. Also keep in mind that the OOP waitlist does move. Last year about half of the OOP interviewees were either accepted or on the waiting list. If you are on the list, you have a VERY VERY GOOD shot. There are quite a few OOP in our class that were accepted from the waitlist....so don't panic! Best of luck to you all :)

Guest NRC boy

Im considering starting a U of M airband. Tryout outs will be at the National Research Council at 2:30pm Wed May 10th. Music and costumes are not provided but must be worn. For an example of previous tryouts please click here.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

That new post was mean Jag - we're all still sitting here, wondering when a letter might come and you goad us with an acceptance thread already! The stories about you are right...

:lol :lol :lol

Guest happy2bme

Is it snail mail for sure or maybe we'll be surprised by email... Has anyone confirmed with admissions on how they will be notifying candidates this year?

Archived