Premed 101 Forums

Louise McKinney Scholarship

Guest Jerika81

Guest Jerika81

Just thought I would let those of you who will be in the class of 2007 know that if you are just completing an undergrad year (even if you just graduated) you are still eligible for the Louise McKinney Scholarship- if you've gotten it before you know what I mean (think it's only for Alberta residents though). I didn't apply last year because I graduated in 2003 and didn't think I was eligible, and I've been kicking myself ever since!

And I think you have to apply by June 1st!

Guest ihatethelsat

I thought the LM scholarships were institution nominated? Meaning you cant just apply...am I wrong? If so, please post more info!

Guest Lactic Folly

"Candidates are nominated by the undergraduate scholarship committee on the basis of superior academic achievement on a full normal course load taken during the preceding Fall/Winter term (September to April). Candidates will be sent an application in July, to be completed and returned to the Student Awards Office.

Students who have completed a degree program and are proceeding into another undergraduate program or a professional program must apply directly to the Student Awards Office by June 1."

Guest Heidio

Hi all,

Just thought that I'd let you know...I dropped by the U of C Awards office today. If you are still an undergrad, your faculty should apply on your behalf. However, if you are entering a professional program and convocating in June or November of 2004, they will print off an application form for you to fill out yourself. It might be worth contacting the awards office, because apparently the application is difficult to find on the web (I haven't tried, that's just what the lady told me). It is due on June 15 according to the application form. It is solely based on academic standing and course load (min. 4 full course equivalents). Hope this helps.

Archived