Premed 101 Forums

Did anyone else receive a call from Calgary?

Guest Kirsteen

Guest aimshigh

Congrats everyone!

Quick question - any idea of how long the whole phone call process will take?

Here's to wishing that our phones will ring soon!;)

Cheers,

Aims

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Spicy Aam

Hi guys!!

I received an email from Adele on this snowy Mother's Day. My mother's day present dilemna has been solved. I'll be part of the team next year! I guess something was funny with my phone, so I received an email instead. I don't think she normally emails acceptances. Good luck to those waiting,

Spicy

Guest Kirsteen

Woooo!

Congratulations everyone. That's great to hear that you're getting some good calls. I still haven't heard back yet from mysterious Dr. Who, but hopefully it's something as good as your news. Well done! :D

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

I was just wondering: for any of you who received some grand news today, did you receive it via telephone from any person other than Adele? (Shocker--guess why I'm asking this! ;) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ticket

Hey guys,

I just received a phone message from Adele. I got accepted. Start checking your voicemail now!

-ticket

Guest sn0w0wl

I got the call today, too (voice mail)--I can't believe Adele's working on a Sunday (and Mother's Day at that)!

By the way, I'm OOP, so I guess anyone's fair game.

Good luck to all!

Guest hringrose

Hi everyone,

I was just accepted as an out of province applicant!

I just checked my voice mail to find a message from Adele Meyers! I am so excited! After such a long wait it is so nice to know what I will be doing for the next three years!

What is everyone doing to celebrate?

hringrose

Guest Dafunk

Congradulations everyone,

Considering I didn't get a phone call yet, Im hoping phone calls will continue tomorrow. If not, I hope Im on the better end of the waitlist.

Congrats to everyone though, and you all definitly deserve to celebrate.

Dafunk

Guest frogcanada

Hey dafunk

I'm still waiting to hear too... although I suspect I'm waitlisted anyway...

Good luck everyone!

FC

Guest Jerika81

Congrats everyone!:D

And don't give up hope those of you who didn't hear today, last year there was at least a 4 day range when people with first round offers got the news.

Guest Ticket

Hey Kirsteen...

I've been waiting in suspence to find out what happened with you? Any news yet!!!

-ticket

PS - Ian, if I ever start a band, spicy ticket IS a good suggestion. :smokin

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Ticket,

You and I, both, have been waiting in suspense. ...and I continue to. :( Hopefully I'll be able to receive some sort of resolution today.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest frogcanada

Sooo... this may be a tad obsessive of me, but is there any chance that Adele is calling people in alphabetical order? Ticket, snowowl, luch, klukyboy, katwoman and others - are your last names near the start of the alphabet, like A - K?

FC

Guest Makunouchi

Congrats everyone... I got a phone call yesterday at noon too from Adele (what a hard worker).

oop and last name is in the middle.

G'luck to those waiting... hopefully the call is coming.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Ack, this is a wee bit excrutiating. I spoke with Admissions and apparently it's Dr. LeMay who is going to be getting in touch with me. It's a bit of a bummer though, as he isn't in the office today thus he won't be able to speak with me until tomorrow. To boot, the Admissions person didn't know why he needs to speak to me. Can anyone harbour a guess? Has the Director of Admissions made any calls in previous years to any past applicants? If so, under what circumstances?

It would have been great if I hadn't received a call on Friday, thus wouldn't have to be worrying about it. I mean, it's great for potential medical students to be curious by nature, but in situations like these, that curiosity can be a bane.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest MDSMelissa

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Kirsteen, how frustrating for you! Well, keep truckin' for tomorrow :b !

Melissa

Guest Jazz

So...anyone got a call today? My heart skips a beat everytime the phone rings, at this rate I might not make it to med school even if I get in.

Guest frogcanada

Haha I was thinking the same thing - I may just destroy my phone at home if I keep calling the answering machine checking for messages like this! Maybe they are not calling until it's likely we may be at home (like 4-5 pm?)

FC

Archived