Premed 101 Forums

Did anyone else receive a call from Calgary?

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

How's everyone doing? More good calls emerging?

On this end, for those of you that were asking, I heard from Calgary a short while ago (thankfully, as I was having a tough time concentrating on my thesis). Admissions needed to clarify an item surrounding my UofT transcripts and after they did they offered me a spot in the class of 2007. :D

I hope some great news shall emerge shortly for more of you.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ollie

Congratulations Kirsteen!!! I'm sure that this will be the first of a number of acceptances for you and you will have your pick of schools to attend!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Thanks everyone. :D Yes, this is my first acceptance, so it's all just beginning to sink in. Admittedly, it's a lovely feeling. I hope many more of you end up with (as heard from the CBC's coverage last week of a huge Canadian poetry contest) "...a smile like a finish line", in short time. :D

I appreciate all the input that everyone's provided during the past few days on this thread. It's been a crazy few days.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest frogcanada

I have fingers and toes crossed for the rest of us... if I'm on the waitlist, I'll pray that some people accepted at U of C and other schools find those other schools much more attractive ;)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there bananacreampie,

I wasn't 100% certain that it was Dr. Nigg who was calling me. The way he said his name, it sounded like "Dr. Nick", so "Dr. Nigg" appeared to be the most phonetically similar faculty member. However, by the sound of his voice, the person with whom I spoke today was probably the same person who left the message on Friday.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest physiology

Hello Kirsteen,

Although we've never formally met (tried to look for you at orientation night at UBC though), I'm very happy for you! I was physically within 10 metres of you that night though!

So this offer is 100% firm (ie. it's not conditional that you get accepted to some other program like MD/PhD, or whatever?)

I suspect not, so go out and celebrate!

Do you have a preference for the 3 year schools over the 4 year ones?

Cheers!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there physiology,

Ack, that's too bad that I didn't have a chance to bump into you at the UBC orientation. There were a bunch of EZBoard denizens about that night.

Thank the lawd, there are no MD/PhD conditions attached to this offer this time around. Like everyone else who's been accepted, they simply have to make sure that I haven't failed this academic year, been a train robber in a previous life, etc. :)

Regarding 3-year versus 4-year schools, I think I'd be able to adjust nicely to either type of program. It sounds like a bit of a pat answer, but it's true: both approaches have their strengths.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest chemgirl

Congratulations everyone who has found out! Especially to bananacreampie who was so nice to visit with me during my stint in Calgary and deserves all the best, now you have quite a decision to make! Big congrats also to Kirsteen, I'm very happy for you! And to everyone else, way to go!

Congratulations... esp to Kirsteen. Kirsteen, i've premonitions that you'll be accepted to Calgary, UBC and Ottawa. How many schools did you apply to?

tea

Guest Dafunk

Hey Kirsteen,

You deserve a big round of applause for your perserverance. Im glad you pulled through. Guess all that agony from Friday was worth it. Congrats!!!!

Dafunk

Guest Ticket

Hey Kirsteen,

I'm so glad you made it! I agree that I'm sure there'll be more offers coming for you!!

As someone told me last week, "good things come to those who wait..but great things come to those who get off their ass and work for it!!"

Great job to everyone else too! To the unknowns...hang in there. :\

-ticket

Guest Jerika81

Congrats Kirsteen!! :D

Your character is truly reflected by the number of people on this board who are thrilled to hear your good news.

And for everyone who got in, I can tell you we are planning a very exciting O-week (well actually 3 days) for you! We finished the "tentative" schedule today and it will be mailed out in your acceptance packages soon. I can't wait- it's going to be so much fun for both classes (Fulmars 2006 and ????? 2007).:b

Guest Kirsteen

Wow, thanks everyone. :o

Again, I hope we'll be reading lots more great news bits here in the coming weeks. Best of luck to everyone who's still hanging out and waiting. I'm looking forward to meeting you when classes begin. :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Med2B

Congrats to everyone who got offers already!

I have a quick question though, does UofA and UofC exchange acceptance lists like in Ontario? If you accepted a position at one school, would the other school still consider you for admission?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I saw a few names that got offers from both schools.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I have a quick question though, does UofA and UofC exchange acceptance lists like in Ontario?
That's a good question though. In Ontario a date is designated where initial offers become firm and those people with firm offers are removed from accepted and wait lists of the other Ontario schools. Although folks may receive both, a UofC and UofA offer, is there a similar process and date where Albertan offers become firm and the applicant is removed from the other school's accepted or wait list, akin to the process in Ontario? (I didn't apply to UofA, but I'm just curious. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest marbledust
I'm looking forward to meeting you when classes begin.

Does that mean you've decided to accept Calgary's offer? Or are you waiting to hear from other schools?

Come to Calgary! You can, for example, experience the joys of a raging blizzard in the middle of May - going on as I write :hat

Archived