Premed 101 Forums

When do we get DAT scores?

jmee

• 3 weeks later...

We just passed the 5 week mark with yesturday. The CDA says that it will take approx. 6-8 weeks for us to get the results...anxious times. If I were where they are sending my DAT scores I would be starting to check the mail box everyday by the end of this week - why? Cause it's driving me fukking nuts!!

Have a good one!

Relax people, just RELAAAAAAAAAAAX, you're unnerving me..

In fact this is too fricking nerve-wrecking that I kinda decided not to open the mail when I get it. Seriously, what use is it knowing our scores. It ain't going to change anything now that everything's been said and done. It's completely and totally out of our hands now :D

Great job guys!! ...I didn't get mine yet - no fair:( !! I've checked every single day this week (even though I knew I wouldn't open it until I was done my last exam which is tomorrow)...it better come next week!

I know for Western, DAT is 15% of overall application, so what if your DAT isn't that great, but your GPA is really good (which is worth 60% overall), would you still get an interview? I'm confused because of all the minimum DAT scores for RC and AA.... last time I wrote the DAT I got 19 AA and 21 RC... I'm afraid my RC won't be as high this time, and my bio and chem marks better be higher!

My scores went to Oakville, Ontario (40 kms west of Toronto). In response to Predenist gal - Last year I was waitlisted for an interview at UWO - My DATs were a lot lower than this year (RC-19, Bio-18, Chem-17, PAT-16 and carve -15) and my two year average was a 3.85. I never got off the waitlist - so ya it's important to have high DAT scores and marks. The thing about this year though is that with about 100 more people writing the DATs than previosu years, with my lower score in RC I still am about 20 percentile points higher than last year. So people did worse on average this year in RC - which I am definitely hoping will bring down the required RC cutoff at uwo this year...

wow, so many people already got their scores.

carving probably doesn't matter much for ontatio and mcgill. U of T as far as I know never looks at it, Western doesn't care about it much anymore, McGill as far as I know last year still took someone with a single digit carving.. he did real well in the other sections though, so it seems like that one section won't kill you if you screw it up only...

@laxman, you're only 1 point lower in RC this year.. that's not too bad considering what you said about people doing worse this year. I would venture a guess that the reason you didn't get an interview last year was that your DAT total was around the 85ish/150, which is much lower than the 100 average they've been reported to use for interviews.

Hey jmee,

That's the reason why I didn't get to the interview round - but it doesn't matter it was a good experience applying anyways. I don't have my scores with me and I don't know what happened with the other sections in terms of people doing well overall - but I confirmed it with the person that I got my scores from - i was in the low 30th percentile last year in the RC with a 19 and this year I am in the high 40's or low 50th ish percentiles with an 18. I was kinda down about the 18 because I know it is very important to do well in RC for uwo - but who knows what's going to happen. I improved overall by 21 points from last year to get to a composite score of 106 and I think that shows my determination.

On a side note being one of the 20 ish people that got the highest mark in the carving in the country this year does say something. Eventhough schools say they don't necessarily care about carving so much - a high score like that still looks pretty damn good. Now it's really a waiting game. We'll see what happens - good fortune to everyone waiting for their scores!

Hey jmee,

On a side note being one of the 20 ish people that got the highest mark in the carving in the country this year does say something. Eventhough schools say they don't necessarily care about carving so much - a high score like that still looks pretty damn good. Now it's really a waiting game. We'll see what happens - good fortune to everyone waiting for their scores!

Yes, I agree, a good score in any section I think just lifts up the entire thing. My comment about carving not being important was to appease the souls of those who didn't do as well in carving as the other sections. It wasn't in any way intended to belittle your phenomenal score on that section.

Now, I'm not sure what the hell happened to my scores. Why are they taking so looooong? dammit.

Just got my letter which was sent to the region of Peel:

Reading Comprehension: 24

Biology: 27

Chemistry: 23

Perception: 22

Carving: 14

That carving scores really makes me wonder about my manual dexterity hah I got a couple chips on my soap so that probably did it for me. All I can say is thank God UofT and UWO are disregarding carving this year.

I found an interesting publication about why UWO may have decided to remove perception and carving from their admission criteria. The article was actually written by a UWO professor:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14650501&dopt=Abstract

Archived