Premed 101 Forums

Admissions notifications

Hi all!

I am wondering if University of Saskatchewan Medical College still sends out early admissions notices...I know that in the past few years (I think I know of someone 3 years ago?) who was OOP got a letter very early on after the interview. Are they still doing that, or are we all getting notified either way on May 15th? (It says May 31 in the student handbook, but May 15th online).

Thanks a bunch!

M.

P.S. That's a beautiful new building they're building there!!!

Hi Momo,

As far as i know, i don't think they are sending out early acceptances anymore, so everyone has to wait until May 15 to find out if they have been accepted,waitlisted or rejected.

I know the process of applying and waiting for results is extremely painful, but hang in there guys!

UofS2010

Thanks UofS2010!!

I must say you and a few other people on here who are current med students at UofS have been extremely encouraging and upbeat and make those of us still trying feel that much better.

A quick question though - does anyone know what format the MMI's at UofS will take?

Also, for OOP applicants, is there anythign else that goes into determining who gets an interview apart from marks? I THINK I have around 95% according to Saskatchewan calculations - would that mean I have a good chance of getting an interview? I am just wondering what ranges we're looking at in terms of marks.

Sorry for all the questions...I'm getting a bit anxious. I just hate getting disappointed and I am not getting any younger:)

Again, many thanks!

Unless you call the Office and someone tells you there, there isn't really any UofS medical student who can tell you, from experience, what to expect for the MMI at the UofS, because of course this is the first year that MMI has been implemented. The information on the UofS Med website

( http://www.medicine.usask.ca/admissions/MMI%20Facts%20for%20website.pdf ) hints that maybe there will be some role playing, but not really any team work stations.

After you have taken all the academic prerequisites and have "passed" the MCAT, then yes, it all just comes down to marks. That is there is no other factor that determines whether you will get an interview. I hate to give you such an iffy answer, but no one can tell you for sure whether you will get an interview or not because the applicant pool changes every year. You can only estimate your chances based on the previous years' statistics. As far as I understand, a 95% average would certainly have been enough to get you an interview invite last year, even as OOP. With a decent interview score, a 95% would even have got you an acceptance letter, I think...don't quote me. Anyway, if I were you, I'd apply and give it all you've got.

Thanks frenchfrog...i think I am just at that point in the process where I need a pep talk:) Anyone else have those moments before you got into med school? Anyone else having those moments now? I just think that SO much comes down to a couple of months of stress, all the hard work we all do. It's just overwhelming..."iffy" answers are nice, I don't expect certainties...life wouldn't be any fun then:)

Archived