Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys, just a quick note to say thanks for all the useful information over the past years, I've been a lurker for quite some time now. Both the site and the forums have been a great resource for me (and many others). Thanks for keeping the forum open for public viewing!

ps - just recieved IP invite via email

Does anyone know how the extracurricular activities are marked out of 20?

The pre-interview mark is scored out of 70. What is the minimum mark to get an interview?

Just curious over here...I called the office for clarification but I couldn't get through.

I'll wait for the snail mail. I have a lot for work to do to be stressing out about this. I figure that worst comes to worst, I'll apply next time.

I just called admissions office.

Interviews:

200 IP

180 OOP...

Much harder than U of C...:(

This is the secretary. I'm not sure how accurate this is. It seems to contradict other messages I see on here.

180 OOP! For 15% of the spots?! Who told you this? The main secretary or Toby/Marleen?

Are you sure about that...those numbers seem a little off. Why would they offer that many OOP interviews for 15 spots?

Beats me! With 200 interviews, I don't think I have a chance. However, with 300, I feel better.

It wasn't Toby or Marlene. It was another girl called Milly (if my memory is correct). I've never heard of her before until today. I think she's new.

Now i'm slightly worried. i sent in my 1st term transcript on thursday but i'm not sure it will get there by feb. 1st. Will they disqualify me or reject my application if it doesn't get there by today?

congrats on getting into your mail - *borat voice* great success!

Look on beartracks and it might be updated. I sent mine around the 19th and they didn't get it until the 24th, bu it wasn't updated as received on beartracks until yesterday. You could always call and ask your alpha pod if they received it. (780-492-3113)

wow! this thread is rife with rumors and conjecture - and on fire! I love it!

Guest davehead

wow! this thread is rife with rumors and conjecture - and on fire! I love it!

I'm glad someone is having a good time!

I'm going to assume that they just haven't sent my invite yet... 'cause I'll be damned if I don't get one. Naive much?

180 interviews! and somehow i didn't get an invite! or atleast i haven't received one yet, mind the conjecture and rumors. i think this site is killing me very slowly, 'did i get rejected?', 'is there still hope?'. my whole world is being thrown upside down. And i don't understand why they can't send out rejections at the same time. i think i've become fairly cynical in the last few weeks, i suppose i still have toronto and manitoba

Hi all,

For all those that have a love/hate relationship with reading this forum like I do, I thought some positive news for today would tip the scale. Notifications are still rolling out!

Just received my interview notification this morning (marked 11:28am) Yay!

And for all those theorizing out there...I am IP, in the 4 or more years pool, and interviewing on Feb 21st.

Archived