Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the UofA website, it says from FAQ:

I am deficient one of your required courses - can I still apply?

You can apply if the course is in progress, and proof of registration in the course is received in our Registrar's Office. Please make sure that your final transcript showing the successful completion of the course is received by the June 15th deadline.

So I fall into this category, one of the required courses is still being completed and so I do not have the mark for it, so how will they calculate my pre-requisite course average??

Thanks!

Has anyone found out yet when they will be finished notifying IP of interviews? I am starting to worry here as I have not heard anything

ZOMG mixed messages! I just called the Admissions office, and they said that yes invites are still going out an that they only started going out today....? Yah, so now I'm really confused. As, I'm sure, is everyone else. I think I'm just going to try and not think about it. Or maye just not think at all.... video games, here i come!

Whoooo!

yay! i think! i just got an email about the interviews giving hotel info and saying a package is in the mail....

should it be trusted ???

If you're expecting, chk your email!!!

Congrats! IP or OOP? Stats?

I called again, and this time they say invites are still going out. The first time I called 2 days ago, they said invites went out for only one day's interviews? The second time I called (yesterday), they said invites were finished for OOP applicants.

jixe: what # are you calling for information concerning invites? not that i don't believe you but with all these mixed messages on the forum i'ld like to have some 1st hand information

No, I understand. It's ridiculous that they're giving out conflicting information with EVERY SINGLE call. (780) 492-6350 is the number I called.

I think the problem here is that they probably aren't the ones that send out the emails. I think it would make more sense if they sent them to computer services to be sent out en masse via student ID number (although the way they are just filtering out seems to suggest otherwise). So they probably have no idea what order they go in, or how quickly.

Maybe some of the people who send them out are faster than others? I have no idea...

Hey everyone,

After so many years of applying, of waiting, of hope followed by disappointment...

I was glued to my UAlberta email account and I got my interview invite today. The email was dated 1:50 pm today (Friday). I live in Edmonton, IP.

I have applied so many times I could be the poster-child for commitment and tenacity (or, is it obsession? I digress...) so I know how many of you are feeling. Best of luck to everyone still waiting...

Hey everyone,

After so many years of applying, of waiting, of hope followed by disappointment...

I was glued to my UAlberta email account and I got my interview invite today. The email was dated 1:50 pm today (Friday). I live in Edmonton, IP.

I have applied so many times I could be the poster-child for commitment and tenacity (or, is it obsession? I digress...) so I know how many of you are feeling. Best of luck to everyone still waiting...

Congratulations. The fact that another great candidate is being invited for an interview where as I'm not, is what keeps me going.

Bones: Would you care to share your story? I always need inspiration. Perhaps number of years applied, cgpa/gpa/mcat/extracurrics in each year, what you were doing each year (working, school, etc.), any other pertinent info?

Only if you feel comfortable with it.

And by the way: Welcome to our community!

From OOP

My GPA is a 3.90; a 3.92 in the required courses

MCAT = 37P

Lots of volunteer work, varsity team member in university, little to no research (looking back I should have done a thesis project).

Hope this helps :)

Glad to see it's not just the 4.0s interviewing from OOP.

Do you folks mind sharing your stats, if you got an interview?

Congrats to all who got interviews... and I know a few of my friends received e-mails today as well, so it seems like the invites are still gradually rolling out.

As for my stats: IP, Pre-req GPA: 3.9, overall GPA: 3.9, MCAT: 38R.

ECs are pretty standard, a few summers of research in different areas, hospital volunteering, etc.

Good luck everyone!

Wahoo! Got the invite today at 1:50pm. For everyone who's still waiting, stay positive! I left some stuff spinning in the centrifuge, went for a workout, came back, and found the invite waiting in my inbox. It's a huge relief, but I know that it sucks to have to wait any longer in this process.

hi there,

just to update... i'm in Edmonton,

My stats are ... mediocore...compared to alot of you at least :-P

But i've finished school and have been working and also volunteering more, so maybe that helped.

Good luck to you all, and keep checking those in boxes!

Archived