Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to call and make an appointment for file review with Marlene. Last year they wouldn't let anybody book for review until after the rejection letters were out - so after May 15. I think this is a bit ridiculous because, if you didn't get an interview, it's pretty obvious that you've been rejected, so why not allow students to see what area they were judged as 'lacking' as early as possible to allow for as much time for improvement as possible?

But anyway, unless they changed their policy this year, that's how it goes.

Hey guys,

I think the reason they do it this way is because of past experiences they've had, where they ended up going through the entire waiting list, and ended up calling people who hadn't even had interviews, to be interviewed in May/June. SO, it's kind of a positive, if only a little one, they do this in case they need to call you up for a last minute interview, or at least thats my spin on the whole thing. :)

Hey guys,

I think the reason they do it this way is because of past experiences they've had, where they ended up going through the entire waiting list, and ended up calling people who hadn't even had interviews, to be interviewed in May/June. SO, it's kind of a positive, if only a little one, they do this in case they need to call you up for a last minute interview, or at least thats my spin on the whole thing. :)

My guess is that the waitlist will not move as much this year due to double cohort

My guess is that the waitlist will not move as much this year due to double cohort

I know that the double cohort will have a ripple effect lasting a few years, but wasn't the major effect last year?

I don't think the waitlists will move that much either - I mean, not through the whole list. I think that year was a fluke year, and that was also when they routinely had interviews in February and in May, which may have made some kind of difference for some reason.

As far as I know, they had never had that heppen before, and will probably never have it happen again (though for the rejectees sake, myself included, I sure hope it does!)

just to add to that...

Ontario graduated both grade 12 and grade 13 in 2003. So in 2003, it was very competitive to get into Ontario's universities. Applications skyrocketed. Ontario applicants diffused their applications throughout the rest of Canada, so everyone's numbers went up a little bit.

Flash to now, when the larger classes of 2003 are graduating from University in 2007. These larger classes are expected to increase application numbers in those areas that typically get a lot of applicants from people after their degrees. Jobs, professional schools, etc.

The effect this year is likely to be spread out a little bit. In the double cohort, the greatest increase in enrolment was in 2003, but this was spread out to some degree over the year before and the years after. So that is expected to play out similarly when it comes to professional schools.

I know that the double cohort will have a ripple effect lasting a few years, but wasn't the major effect last year?

I don't think the waitlists will move that much either - I mean, not through the whole list. I think that year was a fluke year, and that was also when they routinely had interviews in February and in May, which may have made some kind of difference for some reason.

As far as I know, they had never had that heppen before, and will probably never have it happen again (though for the rejectees sake, myself included, I sure hope it does!)

The double cohort hits this year.

________

Free joomla themes

Archived