Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You get an email address when you apply to the U of A! My loser school won't give me a school email address, but now I have one @ualberta.ca :D

You logon at https://webmail.ualberta.ca and I can't remember what the default username and password is for your account... look up your old emails from U of Alberta? Mine was my first initial followed by 7 letters of my last name. I couldn't remember my original password and had to get it reset.

If I remember how to find it I'll let you know

Guest davehead

Yikes~! Let the frenzy/panic/rumours begin!

I am IP, just checked my @ualberta.ca and so far nothing.

Any IPs receive an interview invitiation via email? also, congrats doc.

I don't think a lot of people know their U alberta names and passwords. I kinda checked by fluke. I remember they told us though they would be communicating through that e-mail. For those of you who dont remember, just sign into your submitted app and it will tell you in there what your user name is. That may or may not help you though if you never setup a password. Good luck again, and thanks for all the congrats

For the user name, it's usually the first letter of your first name followed by your last name. For example, if you were Bob Smith, your email would probably be bsmith@ualberta.ca; however there are exceptions, when there are more than one bob smiths around. As for the password, it's way complex, with numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters. You'll probably need to phone AICT tommorow to get it. Sorry I couldn't help more!

You should have received an e-mail like this from Alberta:

CCID Administration <idadmin@ualberta.ca> to me

show details 10/11/06

Hello __________,

Welcome to Campus Computing at the University of Alberta!

The attached message contains the University of Alberta Campus

Computing ID (CCID) that has been assigned to you, along with an

initial password and instructions on how to activate your CCID and

make use of it. This includes information on how to access or forward

any email which will be sent to you here. The University will be

sending important notifications and other correspondence to you at

this account, therefore it is important that you activate the attached

CCID as soon as possible.

To display or print this CCID and password, save the attachment

included as part of this message and then use any standard web browser

to open the saved HTML file. The password page can then be printed

using the browser's print function. Your Campus Computing ID must be

activated before it can be used. Instructions on how to do this are

included in the attachment.

If you have any questions or problems with the use of this CCID,

please call the AICT help desk at (780) 492-9400 or send email to

helpdesk@ualberta.ca.

There should then have been an attachment titled with your username and inside should be your password. Aghh, Alberta's one of my last hopes for an interview.

i got the email before that saying to expect an email with CCID "within the next 2 business days" but i didn't get an email after that. Now i'm getting scared about whether there was something wrong with my application. hopefully it was just my junk filter or they messed up on their end. I feel the same way jixe, my potential medschools keep dropping like flies

I'm OOP from Ontario. I got an interview. Check your bear tracks email, it's sitting in there. It was sent today at 5:35 pm Mountain time.

Do you guys know how many people they interview and how many spots do they have for OOP?

My stats: overall gpa 4.0, science gpa 3.97, lots of ECs, research, volunteering here and abroad, student government, sports, etc...

Do you guys know what Alberta is like in terms of rescheduling? I have two exams that week...

Good luck guys.

Archived