Premed 101 Forums

The Official OMG Pandora's Box UofC Countdown thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one of my former classmates IMed me. He just got his MCAT scores back (he's just a senior) --> freaking 40T!!!!

I really want my acceptance letter from U of C next week so I'll have something to cheer about. I mean, I'm happy for my friends and all, but this really hurts your self esteem after a while.

Hey all...just thought i'd share what Nancy told me this morning. The acceptance e-mails are going out on May 15th (the tuesday - even though they said the 14th originally). As for the time....she said that she's going to be coming in at around 8:30 and getting organized and hopes to have all the e-mail out by 10. Hope this helps with some of the speculation. Hang in there...its almost over.

Another one of my former classmates IMed me. He just got his MCAT scores back (he's just a senior) --> freaking 40T!!!!

I really want my acceptance letter from U of C next week so I'll have something to cheer about. I mean, I'm happy for my friends and all, but this really hurts your self esteem after a while.

Haha, it's funny. If you're still in the running for meds at this point, then you're obviously a smart, somewhat well-rounded, and hopefully nice person. But we still all feel insecure and have low self-esteem sometimes. I guess the saying that there's always someone smarter and prettier than you is true! (Cutiepie - I'm not picking on you. I'm as much laughing at myself and my own worrying-ness as anything).

Good luck waiting!

Now at the point where fear and desire are so conflicting me that part of me can't wait to hear, part of me would rather delay the day in case it's no...:confused:

Well said, well said Paulos!! Fear and desire ... just feeling weird ... sometimes I really have my hopes up and think that I will get in, but half an hour later, I would try to convince myself that it's not as easy as I thought, and to avoid being super-duper sad (in case it doesn't work out), I would tone down my expectations and just WAIT! :eek:

As for the time....she said that she's going to be coming in at around 8:30 and getting organized and hopes to have all the e-mail out by 10. Hope this helps with some of the speculation. Hang in there...its almost over.

From past experience, were the emails sent in bulk (i.e. three email templates and BCC-ed to all those accepted/waitlisted/rejected)? Or are they individualized? It would really take some time to send 125 separate emails (for those accepted) even if it's just about changing the email address and the name from one to the other. :confused:

Either way, that's a lot of work for the admissions office ... and the pressure too. Wow ...

From past experience, were the emails sent in bulk (i.e. three email templates and BCC-ed to all those accepted/waitlisted/rejected)? Or are they individualized? It would really take some time to send 125 separate emails (for those accepted) even if it's just about changing the email address and the name from one to the other. :confused:

Either way, that's a lot of work for the admissions office ... and the pressure too. Wow ...

Last year they were bulk e-mails. :)

I quit reading this forum in March to go back to being productive. I've been doing fine. Vaguely aware of the impending deadline but not really giving it any time of day except when someone asks me when I'll know. Then I reply, and forget about it again.

I stopped by now to check if there was any news on what time exactly we'd find out so that I could schedule my day to include an e-mail check at the appropriate time. And now reading all of you worrying, a little part of me has started to worry. Thanks guys and gals! :mad:

Clearly the solution to this is to leave and not come back again until results are out so that I can go back to living in peace. This forum is what makes the waiting difficult. I recommend the rest of you who can't bare the wait go off and do something else.

Anyway, thanks for the update 2009mg. I found what I'm looking for.

To the rest of you, good luck! I hope you all get in! Moreso, I hope I get in (sorry for being so selfish :( ). I'll be back in a little over 2 days to hopefully congratulate all of you and to deliver my good news.

Not exactly. Approximately 300 IP applicants were interviewed and 106 of the 125 seats of the class of 2010 are reserved for IP.

Probability of an outright acceptance from UofC = 106/300 = 35.3%

A chance of acceptance likely jumps to 50%+ post-interview for an IP applicant when waitlist is considered, especially given that there is a large degree of overlap in who interviews at both UofA and UofC.

Archived