Premed 101 Forums

The Official OMG Pandora's Box UofC Countdown thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Isosceles...

My nerves are really shot. Facebook, Premed forum, youtube is helping me cope though.

I'm wondering if they'll send out emails for rejects and waitlisters as well. B/C being waitlisted at U of C isn't that bad. There's still a high chance you'd be admitted down the road. I'm sure U of Toronto's waitlist is really bad to be on because fewer people would give up that chance.

I'm wondering if they'll send out emails for rejects and waitlisters as well. B/C being waitlisted at U of C isn't that bad.

I emailed admissions a few days ago with the same question ... and got a reply saying that everyone will know the result one way or the other :rolleyes:

I didn't ask specifically whether there will be rejects or not ... but seems like they are putting everyone else that's not on the first batch into the waitlist ... oh well ... I really wanna know the result soon, whichever way it turns out to be ... and life goes on!!!

I don't like the "everyone who don't get 1st batch of acceptances get put on the waitlist." People at the bottom 1/3 of the waitlist don't really have that much of a chance if that were true. It's too stressful to wait all summer.

However, wasn't the only time they put everyone else on the waitlist last year when they interviewed only 200 people (based on admissions for 100 students)? This year, they increased the number of people they interviewed by a lot so I think there will be rejects.

However, wasn't the only time they put everyone else on the waitlist last year when they interviewed only 200 people (based on admissions for 100 students)? This year, they increased the number of people they interviewed by a lot so I think there will be rejects.

That's what I think too ... if I am down in the bottom 1/3 (out of the 300 this year), why not just tell me "sorry you are out".

However, sometimes I do think that maybe it's not bad afterall to be on a "hopeless waitlist" - at least it feels better than a rejection. The wait could be torturous though :eek:

I really, really hope that there are rejections.

As crushed as I would be to receive one this year, it IS better than sitting on a futile waitlist - the waitlist IS tortorous: rejection is hard for a few days - weeks, but the waitlist will take over your life and make you extra-neurotic for a whole summer - I lost the summer of 2005 this way (waited for Queen's all summer long) and it was horrid.

And, as long as there are rejections, being put on the waitlist still means something - if there aren't, then it's sort of no answer at all :confused:

Gah, the wait is really getting hard this year! :eek:

Hehe, almost two weeks. I don't know about you guys, but I plan on buying a cable for my xbox, to hook it up to the internets, and zoning out with thtat for the next 15 days. Hurrah video games! :D

Oh ya ... i ordered a component cable and a modchip for my Wii ... some soldering to do and some serious game playing :cool:

Well, from what I know, previous year's waitlist carried around 125 people, regardless of the number of people interviewed.

So, I think it will be:

100 outright acceptance

125 waitlist

100 reject

This is strictly for IP

OOP waitlists were usually around 50-60 people with 15 getting acceptances on May 15th.

I wouldn't mind being on the waitlist if I got called off it eventually. I mean, experiences like that only adds more color to your life. Stresses give life meaning.

However, I read on another thread that most interviewees fall in the middle. There's like a few "shoo-ins" who ace their interview, there's a few "immediate rejects" who bomb their interviews (like swearing, chewing gum, etc...) Everyone else is somewhere in between, some are good, some are average. So, I think it's going to come down to like 0.5 points or 1 or 2 points or so.

Remember some people missed the interview cutoff by like 0.1 or 0.5 points. It would be awful to get rejected because of the same thing.

Remember some people missed the interview cutoff by like 0.1 or 0.5 points. It would be awful to get rejected because of the same thing.

That's exactly what I've been wondering about too ... what the distribution of interview score is like. If the s.d. is small and everyone is 0.0001 points from each other, then it's just like another lucky draw. I really wish there is some true granularity in the scoring that tells the "better" (or more suitable) candidate apart from the other. :)

the worst thing about this wait for me is my DIAL-UP INTERNET ACCESS.

I can't even allay my stresses by checking things online (i.e. this forum, my inbox for the minute chance of an early surprise, the weather) because connecting just involves.......more........w.........a..........i.........t......i.....*disconnect: redial in 60....59.....58.....57......*etc

you get the point.

Archived