Premed 101 Forums

The Official OMG Pandora's Box UofC Countdown thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure they send out more acceptance letters than the number of spots offered, at least initially.

No.

I'm writing more so that I have at least ten characters and the thing will let me post, but there's nothing else to say. 125 people will get a yes, and then they'll go from there. Admissions is far more concerned with making sure only the right names get the right e-mails. "Overbooking" a medical school will only create stress and problems, not solve them.

Oh My God!!! The "acceptance package" is available on the U of Calgary Medicine website. It's the acceptance version of our interview site. You need a password to get in. Talk about anticipation.

Oh yeah, it says people with hotmail accounts may have trouble getting mail from the office.

I want that password!! Oh maaaan... want it want it WANT IT!

:o

Tomorrow is going to be torture... I am 7 hours ahead of Calgary time here in London so I have to wake up tomorrow and then make it through my day at work before I can come home to news... AHHHHHHHH!

Oh yeah, it says people with hotmail accounts may have trouble getting mail from the office.

I will be cleaning up my Gmail spam box tonite regardless ... you know ... it would be stupid to "accidentally" delete that precious email in case it got mingled with the other million spams!! :eek:

Good god, this wait is agonizing!

i was thinking i did so well on the weekend, but today i'm completely distracted! My work efficiency is nil! Apparently i should have made meetings all day, just to stay away from my 'puter :-P

Hope everyone else is managing ok! We're so very close to reaching d-day....yay!

Just wanted to let you guys know to check ALL your e-mails. Last year my acceptance was in my hotmail junkmail even though my interview invite went to my ualberta account. Happy waiting, I can't wait to meet the new Class-we've already started the naming process for the class of 2010!

haiku_guy, i would have said God bless you, but then i realized that while it's alright for people to blaspheme and curse christians, apparently big brother is against blessings, so sorry, but i hope you get the message anyway;)

Archived