Premed 101 Forums

The Official August/September Registration Thread

The Law

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 am London Sept 8...got mine at 12:30 pm. It wasn't hard for me. I just clicked on the link and it was available. Maybe I was lucky. A friend on mine did the same thing 20 mins later and found seats available. I wonder why noone wants London at 8am? hmm

Evil

I still don't have a seat in Canada...

But I do have a new beef with the AAMC...there are multiple test sites for Edmonton in May, June, and July

Not in August or September

geniuses

same with halifax. i don't understand. why would they think more people would write in may than in august?!

yea I got a seat in kitchener for sept 8th. But the problem is that if u write it on sept 8th - you dont make the OMSAS deadline because apparently they only accept August MCATs for the 2008-2009 academic yr!

You do, score release date is Oct 10. OMSAS will have to accomadate for these dates, and I'm sure they will.

You do, score release date is Oct 10. OMSAS will have to accomadate for these dates, and I'm sure they will.

Has anyone contacted OMSAS to be sure ? Because I doubt they wud move the deadline just to accomodate us... that is so unlike them!

i called omsas today. they said those ppl writing in sept are eligible to apply for med school this coming year (i.e. when applications come out this july, they are eligible to apply). they said that the deadline for releasing mcat scores to the schools is around mid-october, but there hasn't been a set date yet. so no worries, unless of course, aamc messes up and releases the scores way past the oct 10 date, then we might be a bit screwed.

hope that helped

kalia

long time lurker with bad news for those who haven't registered...

I emailed AAMC today regarding the "no seat available" message we've been receiving for the past 3 weeks, and this is the reply I got:

The MCAT registration system is currently working correctly. If a specific location states that, there are no seats available, at that moment there are no seats available. If you continue to experience this issue, you may want to consider registering at another testing site, or registering for another date or time. You may also want to continuously check your desired testing location because a seat may become available in the future.

I still haven't managed to register either :( Good luck, everyone

don't give up etoile. if worse comes to worse, the us mcat registration begins on saturday, so u can always try there. try new york, cuz they have so many testing centres, there might be a chance u might get something.

sincerely,

kalia

etoile, I haven't been able to register either. I haven't been able to find seats anywhere else in Canada as well, I keep on getting the "No Seats Available" message. AAMC earlier today said that many of those messages are incorrect, and that I should keep trying. I emailed them just now to make sure that there are still seats available.

I emailed them just now to make sure that there are still seats available.

That's exactly what I asked... "Are all the existing venues full in August, or are the "no seats available" message still incorrect?" Their response came at 4:14 this afternoon.

The truth is, I don't mind booking in the US after Saturday. I just wanted to know if it's worth waiting for a spot here, and whether they plan to add more venues in Canada. My concern arose from the fact that each venue only accomodates 15 or 30 people (according to one of my friend who registered in Toronto), and that many people have already secured a spot.

Archived