Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Experience?.........

It went well. I loved the current students who were all very nice and welcoming.

The facilities were very impressive too. When I first walked into the "hangar" :eek:

And of course the location can not be any better.

Overall, I am cautiously optimistic!

It went well. I loved the current students who were all very nice and welcoming.

The facilities were very impressive too. When I first walked into the "hangar" :eek:

And of course the location can not be any better.

Overall, I am cautiously optimistic!

I'm glad you had a good time. Were you one of the outer province students Visceral?

1T0 Dents

Overall my interview experience was very positive. The interviewers were very friendly and nice, which was something I wasn't expecting considering the rumours I had heard about u of t interviewers. I loved the hanger! It was sooo huge! All of the dent students were super friendly and helpful, answering all of my questions. Overall very impressed!

Hope to hear some good news at the end of april! ;)

the people were super nice, including my interviewers..well, one more than the other. hehe

on the UofT dent website, it says the average score of the class of 2010 was 29 (range of 0-35). anyone know how they tally that? i don't think i was asked 7 questions (i know the interviewers rated you out of five for each question), and there were two interviewers, each with different scores for each answer. so how do they come up with a composite score out of 35? :confused:

also, anyone know how UofT factors in the interviews (how much is the interview worth at the end)?

thanks!

on a side note, i suck at interviews. :(

The students that gave us a tour and answered questions were all very nice and personable, it was good to have a warm reception.

As far as the interviewers go, those were the worst interviewers this year (as compared to UBC, Alberta, and Dal). The two that I had today were mostly stone-faced with no expression, and one of them frowned at me at one point). They were not personable or engaging whatsoever, they didn't even give me an opportunity to speak after their questions. Having experienced 4 years of U of T's industrial mass-production education philosophy, today was not at all a surprise. Oh well, U of T is not my top choice anyway...

the people were super nice, including my interviewers..well, one more than the other. hehe

on the UofT dent website, it says the average score of the class of 2010 was 29 (range of 0-35). anyone know how they tally that? i don't think i was asked 7 questions (i know the interviewers rated you out of five for each question), and there were two interviewers, each with different scores for each answer. so how do they come up with a composite score out of 35? :confused:

also, anyone know how UofT factors in the interviews (how much is the interview worth at the end)?

thanks!

on a side note, i suck at interviews. :(

The CDA structured interview consist of 7 questions which are marked on a scale from 0-5 (therefore out of 35). Each interviewer will mark separate questions, they DO NOT assign a mark for every question (i.e. Interviewer 1 will mark questions #1,3,5,7.....and interviewer #2 questions 2,4,6).

It is a simple total of what you got on each question to arrive at a score out of 35, there is no averaging of the interview scores. The interview is worth 30% in the final selection of the applicants, and usually at this stage marks play a very minor role in separating you guys since everyone who received an interview had decent marks. Good luck :)

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T THINK I GOT ASKED 7 QUESTIONS EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was being paranoid....

O WELL

As mentioned above, they asked 7 questions, u were probably a bit nervous and didn't notice. :D No need to panic, I'm sure it went well. :)

The CDA structured interview consist of 7 questions which are marked on a scale from 0-5 (therefore out of 35). Each interviewer will mark separate questions, they DO NOT assign a mark for every question (i.e. Interviewer 1 will mark questions #1,3,5,7.....and interviewer #2 questions 2,4,6).

It is a simple total of what you got on each question to arrive at a score out of 35, there is no averaging of the interview scores. The interview is worth 30% in the final selection of the applicants, and usually at this stage marks play a very minor role in separating you guys since everyone who received an interview had decent marks. Good luck :)

I'm just wondering how you know that the interview is worth 30%? :confused:

Hey people,

I had my interview on Saturday 930-10...the interviewers seemed nice, i was able to get a couple laughs outta them and I felt pretty good coming out of it...but you never know I guess. The students were very welcoming and approachable with anything. Clinic 2 was massive...i couldn't believe it, it was insane!

Overall, I had a really positive experience at UofT! Only 3.5 weeks until we know!

Have a good one everyone!

The students that gave us a tour and answered questions were all very nice and personable, it was good to have a warm reception.

As far as the interviewers go, those were the worst interviewers this year (as compared to UBC, Alberta, and Dal). The two that I had today were mostly stone-faced with no expression, and one of them frowned at me at one point). They were not personable or engaging whatsoever, they didn't even give me an opportunity to speak after their questions. Having experienced 4 years of U of T's industrial mass-production education philosophy, today was not at all a surprise. Oh well, U of T is not my top choice anyway...

Your interviewers remind me sooooo MUCH of the way my 2 interviewers looked and behaved towards me.....Good luck :)

Hey Guys/Gals Just got off the plane and Boy I dunno how i did but I do love the "hangar". For me it actually felt like there was more than 7 questions. After going on the tour, I want to go to UofT even more!!. The girl (Monica, I think) giving the tour was kinda cute :D

I had a great time checking out the facilities and the 1st year students were awesome. Unfortunately, as luck would have it I came down with food poisoning the day before and could barely stand, let alone interview early in the morning. Thus, I was disappointed with the interview but we'll see how she goes on APRIL 27 ... By the way does know how many OOP interviewed? Thanks for the reply and thanks to the 1st year students...hopefully we'll to share some good times.

Cheers

Mabey someone else should be answering this, as I didn't interview at u of t, but CDA structured interview questions do not include quantitative reasoning and current events questions. CDA interview questions are behavioural and situational based, and they might throw in one personal question ("why do you want to be a dentist" type of question - they did in my interview).

Archived