Premed 101 Forums

UWO Interview

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you also have to remember that at Western there are alot of variables.

1) There are going to be an abundance of students who haven't completed their degree and may have recieved an interview based on one high year and they may not be able to back this up with a strong second year.

2) Historically alot people without their honours degree don't get in.

3) Also there will be people who will likely fail the physiology challenge exam.

4) You have to remember this is a hardcore forum, and other students may not be taking this as seriously as we are.

5) In terms of some of the deferal spots, there will likey be deferal spots again this year so it will all work out evenly.

So I think our chances are much better than we think.

Rick.

1) There are going to be an abundance of students who haven't completed their degree and may have recieved an interview based on one high year and they may not be able to back this up with a strong second year.

3) Also there will be people who will likely fail the physiology challenge exam.

4) You have to remember this is a hardcore forum, and other students may not be taking this as seriously as we are.

5) In terms of some of the deferal spots, there will likey be deferal spots again this year so it will all work out evenly.

Rick.

your post has put me somewhat at ease (lol)....ur right... i bet at least half of those invited for the interview are not really strong applicants (im pretty sure they invite people with at least one year over 80% for the interview, and of course DAT scores above the cutoff...but they may not get another year over 80%, and even if they do, the average last year was 88% to get in)... and yes, we're all probably preparing really well for the interview, but a lot of people will just wing it (especially now, around exam time).

Rick.

3) Also there will be people who will likely fail the physiology challenge exam. <---------------- this is probably me :( I got UofT and western as well.

I really hate Western for having interviews this coming weekend though. It's in the middle of my exam period. It's like, if I use my time to prepare for my interview, then I won't have time to study. But if I study, then I have not time to prepare for my interview. I think last year Western held interviews after the exam period. Why did they change it??!!

the bonus point thing about the honors degree is kinda strange. i asked trish, and she told me that when they have two people with similar scores (after everything has been accounted for...interviews etc), only then do they prefer an honors degree holder over someone else. so, the bonus points come in after wards, as opposed to them being added into one's total mark initially.

I really hate Western for having interviews this coming weekend though. It's in the middle of my exam period. It's like, if I use my time to prepare for my interview, then I won't have time to study. But if I study, then I have not time to prepare for my interview. I think last year Western held interviews after the exam period. Why did they change it??!!

last year was the same, for uoft students atleast. last year was around 23rd/24th april, this year its 15th. irrespective, i was having exams then and im having exams now.:P

as someone mentioned before, I think there are quite a few people that apply to med school and use dent school as a backup. So hopefully, these people get into med school and free up some space for the people that really really want to become dentists. :)

So I have decided to drive up tomorrow and stay the night in London instead of driving up on the day of my interview (Saturday). I am not sure where I am going to stay so I am going to drive to the campus and the closest hotel/motel to the campus I find I am just going to get a room there. This may be out of nowhere but if anyone is going to be coming up the night before and might like to meet up for drinks or something like that PM me and maybe we can organize something. Good luck to all of you this weekend.

I. Love. Western. How did the interviews go today guys?? Mine (at 10:45) was OK - weird situational questions tho! and not many personal questions (which i was disappointed about)... but the interviewers were EXTREMELY nice...and so were the dental students that were helping out... the tours were great - and i want to go there sooooo badly! lolll

good luck to those who are going tomorrow!

I really liked western too!

Students were awesome, the new clinical facilities are amazing and the interviewers were really nice too.

My questions were mainly situational as well, with 2 behavioral.

If I get accepted then I will definitely be going to UWO!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

Archived