Premed 101 Forums

UWO Interview

To anyone who has interviewed at UWO before, do we go on the tours before or after the interview? My interview is at 1:45pm and I was wondering if I have to show up early in the morning for the tour or if it takes place afterwards? Also, is anyone going up and staying over in London the night before their interview or are most people just driving up that day and going back home?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/Dentistry/docs/2007Interview_instructions.pdf

has all the info you need. the dental sciences building has several entrances. last time i went there, it took me at least 10 minutes to figure out which one was open. there were, for some reason, no directions.

also, bear in mind that this document is simply a copy of last year's. so, it hasnt been updated. as of this year, the interview will be conducted by three individuals, rather than two; a professor, a dentist and an upper year dds student.:)

i'm also taking the physio challenge exam. although they've provided a list of topics the exam will cover, i don't really know what to expect. it seems i'm studying again for a course i've already taken (which used the same physio textbook western recommends). :confused:

has anyone written the challenge exam in the past? what's it like? and how detailed are the questions?

I feel like this physiology challenge exam is rediculous. I took a full year 4th year animal physiology and 1/2 year human physiology. I feel for you as I feel like I am studying for a course I took 3 years ago! More hurdles to jump though.

Has anyone determined if the interview is strictly CDA based like U of T? U of T just asked 7 questions and I am wondering if western is the same :S....

Thanks!

I'm curious to know how much overlap there is between the students getting interviews at U of T and those getting interviews at UWO? If there is alot of overlap than I would guess that there is a much better chance of getting in to one of them as opposed to if the pools were very different.

240 Interviews thats nuts esp when it's for like 62 seats!! U of T only interviewed 210 for like 70 seats. These numbers don't add up to me lol

Not even, it's 52 seats and that's not including the few internationals that get in, so it's more like 48 seats. That's pretty much a 5:1 ratio for interviewees to seats; which is crazy considering Alberta, UBC, Dal, and Saskatchewan all say this year that they're interviewing about twice as many people as there are seats. So 5:1 UWO vs. 2:1 Other places (3:1 UofT), that's pretty retarded.:confused:

Hey people,

Lets take a little poll to see who got interviews at both UofT and Western and who got an interview at one of the two schools. Although our sample size will be very small, it may give a little bit of insight about the overlap between applicant pools.

I'll start,

UofT and UWO

Hey people,

Lets take a little poll to see who got interviews at both UofT and Western and who got an interview at one of the two schools. Although our sample size will be very small, it may give a little bit of insight about the overlap between applicant pools.

I'll start,

UofT and UWO

Good Idea.

I got interviews at both U of T and UWO.

*But last year I only got an interview at UWO (and not at U of T)

I have an interview at U of T and UWO as well.... I'm really hoping that there is alot of overlap because if you count the number of spots at each school plus the amount of spots the waitlist moves our chances to get into one or the other is looking quite promising.

Most of the people I talked to at my U of T interview were also interviewing at Western except 1 guy. That said I know 2 OOPs who are interviewing at Western that did not interview at U of T.

I am going to go out on a limb and say 60%-75% of the people interviewed at U of T will also interview at UWO. So 240 plus an additional 25% would be roughly 300 candidates for 122 seats. Probably 40-50 of the candidates would be out of province.

Not even, it's 52 seats and that's not including the few internationals that get in, so it's more like 48 seats. That's pretty much a 5:1 ratio for interviewees to seats; which is crazy considering Alberta, UBC, Dal, and Saskatchewan all say this year that they're interviewing about twice as many people as there are seats. So 5:1 UWO vs. 2:1 Other places (3:1 UofT), that's pretty retarded.:confused:

I spoke to Trish yesterday...and she said that they accept 52 CANADIANS (+ a few international students on top of that)

but yeahhh 5:1 to get in, crazy... if they accept 20ish off the waiting list, then that's 72/240 ...or 1/3.3....thats a bit better. I wonder what the average GPA to get in will be like this year. It was already high at 88% last year, what if it's in the 90's this year!

i doubt that people would go to uwo over uoft. uoft, being in toronto, serves as the ideal place for most students (since most live in toronto). anyway, i was only speculating. i'd go to uwo over uoft any day.

also, remember that out of those 52 spots, not all are available as of now. some of those spots are reserved for students who, for some reason, had to defer their admission from last year. i dont remember correctly, but when i went to western last year, they had a presentation on all the stats and stuff, and def. more than 5 spots out of thr 52 had already been taken.:(

Archived