Premed 101 Forums

UWO Early Acceptance

Did you get it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you get it?

• Nope!
    • Yes, and I will accept.
    • Yes, but I will not accept.

2 people voted for receiving early acceptance, give us some details so we don't drive ourselves crazy. if you did it as a joke, fess up

I was going to check the option that allows you to see who voted for what...but I didn't..

It certainly wasn't me!! :( Realistically, I'm just hoping to get called off the waitlist, much less anything else.

People probably just misread the poll....not to worry....if early acceptances are out, people will be all over the boards posting their stats and stuff.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked mine but it doesn't say anything as far as status....in the admissions section of the "Student Center" page there's a table that lists my applications. Then above it is legend for either an incomplete, offer accepted, and admitted application. But in the table there's only 3 cells and they don't say anything about status. So I'm not sure where there is room for the current status...any ideas? Am I looking at the right page?

I checked mine but it doesn't say anything as far as status....in the admissions section of the "Student Center" page there's a table that lists my applications. Then above it is legend for either an incomplete, offer accepted, and admitted application. But in the table there's only 3 cells and they don't say anything about status. So I'm not sure where there is room for the current status...any ideas? Am I looking at the right page?

I'm getting the same thing... the system has changed since last year...did you click on accept/decline?

This is what it says when I click on the accept/decline:

Please ensure all documentation has been sent to the appropriate admissions office. Once all documentation has been received a decision will be made. You may check this site as often as you wish.

If you have accepted and want to verify that we have received your acceptance, please refer to the Student Center page.

Hmmm...that sounds about right....:P

I am soooooo looking forward to hearing back from UWO (and it would be a humongous relief to find out positive news sooner than later...). Right now I'm getting my master's stuff in order...i have some phone interviews to go through, I hope they'll still consider me even though I may not be able to give them an answer until later this summer (which is why I'd like to hear back from UWO, so I can tell they yeh/nay).

Hey people,

Schulich will release interview scores...this might give you a better idea of where you stand in the competition.

I got mine from them a couple days ago.

Good luck

Cool! Did you call them up or email? If you called, which is the best number to call? I've tried emailing over two weeks ago, but still no response....

Hey people,

Schulich will release interview scores...this might give you a better idea of where you stand in the competition.

I got mine from them a couple days ago.

Good luck

He He, now they're going to get flooded with emails requesting interview scores. :D

I think I'll wait it out...or not, haven't decided.

Hi,

I emailed Trish Ashbury at this email Admissions.Dentistry@schulich.uwo.ca . It probably took about a week for her to reply and she gave me the scores from each interviewer out of 35. From this I converted my averaged score to a percentage; however, I don't quite see where points from the additional questions at the end of the interview would come into play.

Well maybe they use the additional questions as a side note. So if multiple individuals have the same score (which will likely occur) they will reference the notes made for the extra questions, so maybe they are used like a "tie breaker".

I just emailed Trish about the interview scores...so hopefully I hear something soonish.

Sometimes questions are asked to gather general overall info from all applicants and sometimes to ease the applicant into the interview or finish it.

The admissions committee may only get the finalized scores without any comments attached as is for places that I know of. Anyone want to confirm this for other places?

Think about it this way - I have never set foot in London until UWO accepted me into their dental school. This would mean I should have been at a disadvantage giving that I only had my scores sent there, without any answers to their "other" questions.

I suggest you don't read too much into it. If they are anything like UBC, there's little room for subjective decisions.

are these extra questions the ones that are 'schulich questions'. i was told at the beginning that there would be 7 cda questions, and a few questions from schulich dentistry. everything was mixed up. in the end they just asked me if i wanted to tell them anything else about myself.

Yes the extra questions are the "Schulich questions". I was asked some specific ones....not just a random "Do you want to add anything else??".

Is it worth calling Trish/admissions office to ask questions? (or do they prefer you not the "bug" them and write an email?) It's cheaper for me to email..

Hey guys,

Did anyone else get an email entitled "Schulich Dentistry - Good News"? I got one an hour ago and it seems to talk about early acceptance and said "should expect a letter in the mail shortly, congratulations!".

Sounds like I got early acceptance but it doesn't state so explicity so I am kinda confused.

Rather cryptic of UWO hahah

Archived