Premed 101 Forums

Any news yet waitlisters

Hi,

I too, am still on the list...I talked to a very unpleasant woman on the phone today -- she quickly told me that people will be taken off the list this Wednesday.

I wanted to schedule a file review, and she said they are only being done via phone. This is not what I was told all through June, July and early August. The previous replies had been that I will be able to schedule a meeting as soon as you get off the list or when classes start. They said call back in August (now) and schedule your meeting.....so, needless to say, after talking to this extremely rude admin lady today, I am pretty pissed.

Good luck to everyone, and hopefully no one will ever have to go through this ridiculous process again.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha yeah, I agree. I think this year, UBC adcom has really been really takin it easy :cool:. (slacking off! ;) )

well... I wouldn't be able to say for sure, but that's the feeling I get from all the missed dead-lines and stuff.

Ugh, I was almost looking forward to my rejection and rushed home from work only to see that annoying green waitlist message yet again. :(

Ok so now it Thursday, 4 days into medschool and as far as I know, UBC still hasn't not rejected the waitlisters. How is that even possible? It just seems like the admissions department is accountable to no one. It seems like a complete lack of professionalism on their part, ironically representing a faculty that is supposed to be a hallmark of professionalism. I keep having to say "it seems" because I have no ACTUAL information from admissions, nor have they given me anything all summer. Sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived