Premed 101 Forums

Any news yet waitlisters

So, if we don't hear anything next week, do you think that means we have very little chance after that? When I talked to admissions, they told me that the waitlist starts to move as soon as people decline their offers. But then on another post, someone was told that they put out a second round of offers all at once. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me. At least I'm travelling around Germany and that's distracting me... somewhat. I don' know what I would do if I was at home. Look at this Öäößßäöüü...

PS. Congradulations drcave. Hope you enjoy Calgary. You're giving the rest of us some hope.

so someone on waitlist already got an offer?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I phoned in earlier in the week they said waitlisters would not hear back anything until after May 31st (after the first round of offers deadline to accept/decline). Then I asked if I don't hear anything by mid June are my chances of getting a spot much less and she said not necessarily. That quite a few of the second offers don't accept and then a third round goes out late June/early July after their deadline. Man.....it sounds like Paule heard opposite than I did. I'm really not sure what to think....just be patient I guess. Hope you are enjoying Europe Paule...and their tiny, tiny coffees....and the food! ;)

When I phoned in earlier in the week they said waitlisters would not hear back anything until after May 31st (after the first round of offers deadline to accept/decline). Then I asked if I don't hear anything by mid June are my chances of getting a spot much less and she said not necessarily. That quite a few of the second offers don't accept and then a third round goes out late June/early July after their deadline. Man.....it sounds like Paule heard opposite than I did. I'm really not sure what to think....just be patient I guess. Hope you are enjoying Europe Paule...and their tiny, tiny coffees....and the food! ;)

ya this seems to be what happened last year (according to the waitlist thread from last year) - a bunch got in early June, than more of a trickle through the rest of the summer.

So maybe next Wednesday? do do doooo.

June 1st...deadline over...so...maybe someone will hear something today? Likely not...but, maybe. I hope those people that got accepted into both dentistry and med, choose dentistry. If some people have deferred until next year, does that also open up a spot or 2? thank you Dr.Cave and Smurfette...those are definite spots that are available to the inprovince waitlist scavengers like me. crossing my fingers for some movement soon.

ok weekend is over...we need some "fresh" posts. I spoke with UBC today and the waitlist has NOT started to move yet. They need time for "processing". She said it will probably move later in the week. She also said that once it starts moving that offers to waitlistees will go out as spots become available. So, I don't think they "hold" a bunch of offers and tell 3rd round people at a later date in June/early July...I think it is sort of a "rolling" admissions process once the list starts moving and the momentum is in place. I should have also asked how much time 2nd round offers have to make their decision. If anyone wants to phone in and ask this or if anyone from past waitlist who has been offered a spot knows....it would be interesting to know. Anyway, I bet they want to know the decision asap. Hope this helps.....keep smiling. The wait continues....:rolleyes:

ok weekend is over...we need some "fresh" posts. I spoke with UBC today and the waitlist has NOT started to move yet. They need time for "processing". She said it will probably move later in the week. She also said that once it starts moving that offers to waitlistees will go out as spots become available. So, I don't think they "hold" a bunch of offers and tell 3rd round people at a later date in June/early July...I think it is sort of a "rolling" admissions process once the list starts moving and the momentum is in place. I should have also asked how much time 2nd round offers have to make their decision. If anyone wants to phone in and ask this or if anyone from past waitlist who has been offered a spot knows....it would be interesting to know. Anyway, I bet they want to know the decision asap. Hope this helps.....keep smiling. The wait continues....:rolleyes:

Hi there,

I absolutely understand what you are all going through. This waiting for decision and now another waiting for waitlist is surely very demanding! I wonder whether they tell you guys approximately where your position on the waitlist is? Or what # is your rank? I would imagine this would be fair, however, knowing the secrecy of UBC I don't know whether anyone knows???

Good luck to you all,

H2O.

ps. i wish they had offered me a couple of spots... I would have shared /given one to you. in other words I know what you go through. hang in there :)

I did ask them how long we would have to reply if they gave us a spot of the waitlist. The woman I talked to said we would have about a week. I don't think that any of us have to worry about not checking our status/email for that long! I guess in cases where someone drops out the week before class starts they would want a quicker answer.

I return back to Canada tomorrow... Being in Europe has been an effective way of dealing with the wait (I only check my email once, maybe twice a day), but it'll be tough having access to my computer all the time.

I should probably write my MCAT again but I feel very little motivation to, being on the waitlist...

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just found out I got off the UBC waitlist.

I'm an IP applicant and was accepted to VFMP.

I'm pretty extatic right now!! Best of luck to everyone-

Dude man...that's awesome. Huge congrats!! If you are accepting, make sure you join the facebook group.

Dude man...that's awesome. Huge congrats!! If you are accepting, make sure you join the facebook group.

Out of cusiousity, Kuantum are you on the facebook. I was trying to figure out who you were.

tyler

ps... jumper - see you in september... boy, having to wait that extra couple must have been hard. Although, who cares now! congrats. Best of luck to the others waiting. There are 256 seats and I am sure there a lot people getting on the waitlist...

Archived