Premed 101 Forums

Any news yet waitlisters

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I promise I will post right away too if I hear anything.

Maybe they are letting in one person per day. I am only half joking, that seems like something UBC might actually do.

I just have this vision of the admission committee sitting around a big room drinking crantini's laughing and adding one person per day!!! Oh the mind wanders...

I just have this vision of the admission committee sitting around a big room drinking crantini's laughing and adding one person per day!!! Oh the mind wanders...

haha ya and watching this thread on their computer.

if i hear something i will post too - although if i am too excited to type i just might mash the keyboard randomly and post it. hopefully someone will figure it out...

Sorry to have taken a while to answer back.

I heard I was taken off the waitlist via email. Then checked my online status on the UBC website and it said "Offer"

Now back to dancing around!!

I'm sending you all good thoughts and best of luck:)

Out of cusiousity, Kuantum are you on the facebook. I was trying to figure out who you were.

tyler

ps... jumper - see you in september... boy, having to wait that extra couple must have been hard. Although, who cares now! congrats. Best of luck to the others waiting. There are 256 seats and I am sure there a lot people getting on the waitlist...

Ya... I am on the facebook group. I was thinking maybe your premed alias has something to with your real name...but I'm not sure and didn't really make an effort to look around.

Hi guys,

Sorry to post this so late but, I was with my preschooler and her whole class at Butterfly world today. just checked my emails now and at 10:43 am I was accepted to the VFMP. I'm very happy!!! It is sort of coincidental that my new ExamCrackers I ordered was also delivered by Puralator today. I thought I was going to have to redo the MCAT...but, I guess not. I will be sending that back, untouched!

I have to give my response by June 14th, and my answer will be YES!

hang in there guys...I'm sure there are more spots to come!

Now, I have to organize a big move to Vancouver, daycare/nannies, kindergarten....etc......oh....we also need a place to live.....

YIKES!

Damn. I wasn't expecting how depressed that would make me feel. Of course, I just got off an 11 hours flight, but still.

Biochemnerd, why do you say July? Jumper, how long do you have to respond to your offer?

booooooooooooo.

but congradulations to Jumper, and the other waitlisters. Good work!

Paule, I'll email you now...

I've only told my mom about getting in...oh, and my 2 and 4 year old who are looking at me strangely as I dance around the house grinning. My husband is away....

Welcome back from Europe! sorry you didn't hear any news yet...but, I bet you will soon.

Hi guys,

Sorry to post this so late but, I was with my preschooler and her whole class at Butterfly world today. just checked my emails now and at 10:43 am I was accepted to the VFMP. I'm very happy!!! It is sort of coincidental that my new ExamCrackers I ordered was also delivered by Puralator today. I thought I was going to have to redo the MCAT...but, I guess not. I will be sending that back, untouched!

I have to give my response by June 14th, and my answer will be YES!

hang in there guys...I'm sure there are more spots to come!

Now, I have to organize a big move to Vancouver, daycare/nannies, kindergarten....etc......oh....we also need a place to live.....

YIKES!

Huge congrats....can't wait to meet you, everyone, and the little one. To everyone else, good luck and hang in there. It's hard...but not thinking about is probably best...helps make the time go by faster.

PS: don't forget to join the facebook group

Maybe it's just that people tend to wait until the last minute to give in their responses (especially if you're declining-what's the rush) so there tends to be a clump of people who decling at once making it kind of seem like a round.

weow. run on sentence. it's the jet lag.

Just finished a microscope workshop and checked my email and I got pulled off the waitlist!!!! :) :) :) I cannot believe I finally got to type that.

Good luck to all the rest.

I got accepted to the IMP and I am really excited to go and can't wait to meet the rest of the class.

Archived