Premed 101 Forums

Any news yet waitlisters

I believe only a small portion of people post here. Just compare the number of posts and the number viewed..Anyways, I don't care anymore. I am starting to work on things that can improve my application for next year. This waiting thing has been disrupted my regular routines. I have been doing nothing except waiting since may 15. I can't do this anymore. I have school assignments piled up and I still have to apply for jobs so that I will be employed while I am applying to med again. I hate this process.

________

HotWetPussy4u live

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought someone would point this out earlier, but everyone is either ignoring it or just missed it. Neurodude got into IMP. So the count is 3 VFMP and 1 IMP. I'm not too surprised. Considering how VFMP is like 5 times bigger than IMP and NMP, the ratio posted here is very consistent.

...I wonder who got Dr.Cave's spot? My first choice was VFMP...

There must be more spots to come. when you look at the w/l thread from last year there were quite a few more w/l offers after the first rounds of w/l offers went out...chins up...it is not over yet. I truly think it is not fair that they don't tell people a rough indication of where they are on the w/l though. :( I'm routing for all of you guys......

Hi, I was just accepted of the waitlist a couple of days ago to vancouver -UBC. Really unexpected cuz i thought i bombed the interview but i guess not.. first time applying, also got accepted to UofA (which I will probably be declining as soon as I get all the stuff in to UBC).

I have until june 14th to accept so you will probably see more offers starting aorund that date for those who declined.

hang in there.

-R

pop... were you in the oop pool or the in province pool of the waitlist? Can you share why you think UBC trumps UofA? just curious cuz so far everyone I know choose UofC or UofA over UBC. I think you can also share your thought in another thread as well. Some other guy has the dilema of similar choices.

I am thinking about applying to those two schools if I don't get into UBC this year. it would be very nice of you if you can share why you make this decision.

________

Vaporizer

Well I did my undergrad at UofA and I was exited to go to UofA for med but this last year UofA went through problems in accredetion (sp), and they have had to made big changes to the curriculum. The problem lies in the fact that next years class is sort of like of the guinea pig class for the new curriculum (more pbl and all that) so i've been told it's a bad year to join.

Also, I'm from the lower mainland and I know that if I went to the UofA, i would hardly see my family at all during the year b/c how busy med can be, but if i go to ubc, i see my family a lot more. And I also like how UBC starts to integrate students into the hospital so fast.

Truly, i'm sure both schools are really good but it's mostly because of family that i'm coming to UBC. The tuition at UBC is ridiculous and really bothered me at the beginning but now i feel like family is way more important.

I don't like the class size at the vancouver campus but i'll have to overcome these difficulties. Oh and, I was in the in-province ppol.

hope this helps,

Does anyone dare call Admin and ask where they are relatively on the waitlist. I heard last year that someone did call and just asked if they were nearer the top or bottom. I am considering calling and saying that i have an opportunity to take a year long contract and need to know if i should bother holding my breath on the waitlist or if i am so far down that i should take the job.

Any thoughts.

You should go for it. What do you have to lose? The most they'll do is tell you (probably) that they can't reveal that info. No one gets taken off the waitlist because they call in with a question.

I was thinking of calling them to see if they would tell me if I'm waitlisted for all three sites or what. I have a three year old so it would be nice to have a heads up about whether or not I might end up in PG!

So I called them and NOTHING... She said that all waitlisters on waitlisted for all three sites and that they won't give out any info about the list. I asked if there was really any chance at this point of getting of the list and she said that the list continues to move til the end of August.... The woman was really nice and laughed when I sighed deeply and said "okay..." in as disappointed a voice as I could muster. Sorry guys, which I has some new info to give out.

Boy, I'm just all over this thread.... Sick of me yet? :o

So, lurkers, tomorrow is the deadline for second rounders. Do you think more offers will come out on Friday or will they wait until next week? From last years waitlist thread looks like only two or three people got in from this point on. Anyone else starting to feel a little depressed?

paul, you should be a clinical counsellor. Reading your last message about only 2 or 3 getting in really made me feel better.... lol. I think if 2 or 3 got in from this point on, it may be that actually more got on as not everyone posts here. Hang in there, they would be lucky to have a group of students as devoted and ambitious as all of those who post here.

i know quite a few people who just dropped their spots at ubc if that'd make you feel better :)

Thanks horlicks! you've made me feel much better after Paule's message.:P

However, I think UBC is going to wait for 2 more weeks before they release the 2nd round of offers. 1 week seems a bit too punctual for UBC.

I am starting to check my status everyone now and then again. Somehow it's not as nervous as before cuz I am kind of in the give-up mode. such a bitter exp.

Yeah, I hear you biochemnerd. I felt pretty hopefull at first and now it's slowly, and painfully, ebbing away. I find the thought of going through this whole process again exhausting. On the other hand, I am inspired by those on this forum who have been accepted after their third or fourth time applying. So I'm trying to stay focused and determined, eventhough it seems to be taking all of the energy out of me.

Paule,

Last year I was rejected post interview. My best freind could tell I was down when I got home and he said to me:

"Success is moving from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm"

Winston Churchill said that. Made me feel better not only then but through the whole damn process once again. I normally think quotes are lame - but this one impacted me.

Who knows - you could be first on the list and get an update in a week.

d

Paule,

Last year I was rejected post interview. My best freind could tell I was down when I got home and he said to me:

"Success is moving from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm"

Winston Churchill said that. Made me feel better not only then but through the whole damn process once again. I normally think quotes are lame - but this one impacted me.

Who knows - you could be first on the list and get an update in a week.

d

Dwayner are you saying indirectly that I am not first on the list?

hmmmmmmm, a diabolical idea,

what if we all just showed up for orientation and started going to class, just sit at the back you know

You'd kindof stick out if you didn't have one of the fancy Office Depot nametags we're given on the first day.

On an unrelated note:

FOR SALE: 1 UBC Medicine Orientation Week Nametag from August 2006

Then again, I don't think we needed ID to pick up our name tags... :rolleyes:

Archived