Premed 101 Forums

Physical Science Questions & Answers Thread

The Law

AWESOME! Here's my question!

Consider a system which is described by the state Y = (3/8)1/2Y11 + (1/8)1/2Y10 + AY1,-1, where A is a real constant.

(a) Calculate A so that |Y> is normalized;

(B) Find L+Y;

© Calculate the expectation values of Lx and L2 in the state |Y>;

(d) Find the probability associated with a measurement that gives zero for the z-component of the angular momentum;

(e) Calculate <F|Lz|Y> and <F|L_|Y>, where F = (8/15)1/2Y21 + (4/15)1/2Y10 + (3/15)1/2Y2,-1.

Anyone know?:(

Consider a system which is described by the state Y = (3/8)1/2Y11 + (1/8)1/2Y10 + AY1,-1, where A is a real constant.

(a) Calculate A so that |Y> is normalized;

(B) Find L+Y;

© Calculate the expectation values of Lx and L2 in the state |Y>;

(d) Find the probability associated with a measurement that gives zero for the z-component of the angular momentum;

(e) Calculate <F|Lz|Y> and <F|L_|Y>, where F = (8/15)1/2Y21 + (4/15)1/2Y10 + (3/15)1/2Y2,-1.

Anyone know?:(

Seriously, this is the kind of things that really turns me on (I'm a physics major ;) )

If this wasn't a joke, define the variables and notations... I'm up for the challenge :cool:

Hi:

I am selling Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis with Jordan and Jon . Containing all the twelve lectures. Its an amazing guide. It helped me to boost up my MCAT to 36Q last year from 26Q. If you are interested please email me back to: izad_izad@yahoo.com. For payment information and asking price: 30$.

If you want the ExamKrackers I can send it to you by two ways:

1. By YouSendIt

2. By post if you want to have the CD. Which will be 6$ for Shippment.

Thank you

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MCAT.

post-2657-140744793664_thumb.jpg

Archived