Premed 101 Forums

phone service and internet service

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up with mts, but to log into their internet you need a userid and password, which is just annoying. It also for some reason makes it impossible to use my wireless router, another huge pain. If anyone knows how to get around this problem, let me know. If not, I'm switching to shaw for internet.

Use shaw, get their student discount (Sign up before sept) and you can get digital cable, home phone, and xtreme I internet for like 100 bucks a month including taxes.

Shave off 10 bucks for regular high speed.

Only downside it's all prepaid (for the cable and internet)

i have an mts connection and use a linksys wireless router...have u set everything up right?

That's the thing, I don't know how to set it up. I put in the username and password from mts, and it sort of works, but very poorly. Are there any other setting changes you need to make to get it to work?

are you using the correct channels? with linksys routers (that's the one i have) you can type in 192.168.1.1, the user name and password are both 'admin'. check out the wireless settings and make sure everything is set up properly. i use channel 11 so maybe you want to try that. i've also heard that channel 1 is good too.

Archived