Premed 101 Forums

re: Academic record

Guest JS

Nothing. - But you need two separate life sciences courses as pre-reqs for Toronto...therefore you need to designate one of your life sci courses as (L) and another as (F). This is just to show that you have satisfied the pre-req and have two separate life sci courses. At least that is how it was when I applied last year!

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your advice! (Can I also assume that if we have more than 2 life science courses, we don't need to indicate that they are pre-req courses. i.e. if I took 3 biology courses, would I say that the third course also meets the requirements for "Life Sciences"?)

JS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Biochem10

Hi. I go to McGill and most of my courses were half-courses. I'm under the impression that I need 2 full courses in life sciences and since I'm a biochem major I have tons of life sciences. The problem is that I don't have any full courses and if I list a half course as F and another half course as L then will they think I didn't take the prereqs??? Why does McGill have to be so different?!

It's not just McGill. :)

You need to list *two* of them as L and *two* of them as F (or whatever the letters are.) I'm assuming the technology you're working with (the program, COMPASS, whatever it is) lets you do that.

Archived