Premed 101 Forums

Speaking of bad days in residency

Great post, you wonder why people are so confrontational all the time. And you know, you shouldn't feel so bad about the e-mail war... people like that are used to stepping on everyone around them all the time. :rolleyes:

Great to hear you got to do the whole procedure! Living in the moment, and lovin' every minute ;) It must feel great the days that you actually feel super competent in your work...

...have you started writing that novel? You should get crackin' on that! Such vivid writing. :)

Heya,

Great story; thanks for sharing it! I find it pretty amazing how quickly a bad night can become a great one. For us, it's making that awesome call on a study that the ordering people have overlooked, or finding that incidental lung cancer or bone lesion on the corner of a study.

I'm not a fan of any procedures that take longer than about 15-20 minutes, so interventional radiology isn't something I'm likely to enter, but short procedures like joint injections, needle biopsies, lines, paras and thoras, and the occasional drain here or there are fun to do, and pretty rewarding.

Ian

HAHA FFP I believe I may have been that PGY2 anesthesia resident being berated by the ever so pleasant surgeon. Actually dealing with him in the OR on a daily basis he has his moments but typically is not so bad (can actually be pleasant at times).

Archived