Premed 101 Forums

Official 2008 Interview Invites

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh God, I am soooo far away from invites-- 2 of my main LORs still arent even in. I'm soo pissed at the writers-- its been almost 2 months and both said they'd have em done in no more than 2 weeks.

I've also only done a handful of secondaries.... yup, really really behind.

oh God, I am soooo far away from invites-- 2 of my main LORs still arent even in. I'm soo pissed at the writers-- its been almost 2 months and both said they'd have em done in no more than 2 weeks.

I've also only done a handful of secondaries.... yup, really really behind.

Call those LORs and politely, but subtly explain to them your situation: it's your future and you have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars riding on it.

Oh, and visit this thread for motivation:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=439042

Hey Ken,

yeah good one..we shall start an official rejection thread as well...but i was thinking to be positive for onceeee!

As for the LORs, one of my profs also took one month to prepare the letters, so after just returning from writing the MCAT in Toledo, I showed up in his office with a gift, to tell him how grateful I was of his support. The letters were finished the next day!

maybe it will work for you...

smilessss

i couldn't agree more....we do need some spirit of togetherness! Frankly, after writing the Aug 20th mcat, I sincerely cannot concentrate on anything until i get those scores...so much money is on the line ( money that i don't have).....

i feel that the whole thing is like a lottery!!!!!!

hoping for a miracle:)

when u ask profs for references, do they then give it back to you? or do we have to provide them with an address to send them to? I know this questions has been asked before but im so unsure, some said that they made copies of the letter and sent it to multiple universities..that means they do see it themselves first, while others said that this would make them void...

what do we actually do?

thanks very much

1) This is the interview thread, so please ask non-interview related questions elsewhere

2) Your profs send the reference letters themselves or using Interfolio. If you do a search or even just go back a page or two, you will find threads with info about Interfolio. Most importantly, at no time do you handle the letters yourself - you are not allowed to see them.

Wtf...I submitted July 31 (transcripts arrived before then), and my AMCAS is still under review!!!!!!!!

My third LOR hasn't been received by Interfolio yet...although the prof said he sent it over a week ago...

Should I wait until I am AMCAS verified before submitting secondaries? Or should I hold off?

hey a41,

it took interfolio about 2 weeks to receive a letter from my prof... so hopefully it'll get updated soon. Its so frustrating waiting for the mail system to work!

It's weird because three other letters sent from the same city (same university) arrived within 7 days...

when did you send in your secondaries for those schools?

I submitted both Vermont and EVMS in mid to late July. Vermont just sent me an invite today. And I called EVMS last week to check the status of my application and they said that they would be sending me an email interview invite in a few weeks.

I submitted Case on like the 19th or something, and then my app shows is incomplete because I'm missing LORs.....but when I click to check which ones I'm missing, it shows that they are all in, last one received last Thursday.:confused: I e-mailed them on Friday to see what the hell the problem was and there's no reply yet.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived