Premed 101 Forums

formal education section of the sketch: is undergrad the only item?

This is probably a dumb question... but is all that we need for this section what our program is and when we expect to get our degree? or is it something else?

Seems a little redundant if its the former since we aleady list our program and expected completion date in another section of the application.

would a leadership training module (for those at UWO this would be the leadership education program tiers 1, 2 and 3) be classified under formal education or would you put it under awards and accomplishments. Tier one was just taking a few "modules" where the members of the program teach leadership skills, but tier three involved doing volunteer work and then writing a reflective paper on your experiences... would this tier three be better under volunteer work?

Also do you need any verifiers for your program or can you just say documentation available?

This is probably a dumb question... but is all that we need for this section what our program is and when we expect to get our degree? or is it something else?

Seems a little redundant if its the former since we aleady list our program and expected completion date in another section of the application.

I think that there may be schools where the people giving interviews are only given your sketch and not other information about you...? Not sure about that one, but in any case, including your university program on the sketch is, I think, useful because that way the sketch is a thumbnail summary of all the important things about you without having to search through other pages for the information.

I had taken several summer school programs and listed those under formal education as well.

Archived