Premed 101 Forums

Grad Application Package Reference Letters

Hey guys,

Just a question regarding the Grad Application Package. Is everything submitted in one big package? Or, should the maximum of three reference letters be sent in to U of T personally by the reference? I have told my references to seal and sign their envelopes and I will mail it as one package. Is this correct?

Think it's bad if I don't send any additional letters in the grad package? My supervisor sent a very detailed letter to OMSAS and he wouldn't have anything to add to the U of T letter. There are a few other profs who I've collaborated with, but they either don't know me very well, or I've never met them in person. None of them would say much beyond what my supervisor wrote. However, I feel weird not sending in additional letters given this opportunity...

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone is in the same situation as I am. I graudated with a Master degree more than 3 years ago from UT, ever since that, I have moved to Vancouver. For my grad package, I didn't include any reference letter because I have lost in contact with the lab and I am not in Toronto to track people down. IS it okay to send the package in without the reference letters? As I am working in research now, should I just ask my boss to write one for me instead? (but it seems to me they require the extra reference letters to be from graduate studies) I remember asking the admission office about my situation before, I remember they told me to "Try".

Archived