Premed 101 Forums

Any Questions about US Dental Schools?

I'm sure you can. If not, AADSAS will probably contact you or something. I think the most important thing about the "Planned/In progress" courses is that you have all the prereqs done either in that semester or in previous years. And the schools that you apply to will probably decide whether or not to interview you in like sept, especially if you apply in june. That;s just a guess though..

Thanks a lot stresso

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adcoms may look at the courses that you write are in progress. but noone really cares. one interviewer brought up the 2 english classes i was concurrently taking. I never did the academic update, and no one had any problems with that... even though I changed a lot of the courses I had listed I was taking.

in conclusion: relax, you'll be fine.

Thanks. Do you think we will be able to make any changes during the update period in November? I know most of the courses I am going to take but haven't enrolled yet and if any discrepancy occurs will it be possible to change?

Hey Kittyp, I found this in the AADSAS instructions and thought it might answer your question:

"During the Academic Update period, applicants can supply grades earned for courses that were listed in the “Course Planned/In Progress” section of the application, and can add/delete/modify courses listed in that section.

Be sure to submit an official transcript reflecting new grades that are added during the Academic Update. All new grades will be verified and new AADSAS GPA’s computed and made available to your designated dental schools."

Hey Kittyp, I found this in the AADSAS instructions and thought it might answer your question:

"During the Academic Update period, applicants can supply grades earned for courses that were listed in the “Course Planned/In Progress” section of the application, and can add/delete/modify courses listed in that section.

Be sure to submit an official transcript reflecting new grades that are added during the Academic Update. All new grades will be verified and new AADSAS GPA’s computed and made available to your designated dental schools."

Thanks a lot stresso. I will fill the courses I am planning to take but as UWO releases scores only at the end of the year so I think my transcipts won't show anything more than what I am submitting now except the grades of 2 courses I am taking in Summer.

Archived