Premed 101 Forums

Early acceptance-UWO

Just a few quick questions:

1. For those who received an early acceptance did you get an email that didn't specify your name, but just read Hi - ?

Is this because it was a mass email send to all of the 15 applicants at once?

2. For those who received an early acceptance did you also get a second email from Trish? I did and this time it actually read Hi [myname] - ?

3. Also, the postal code in the email for the early acceptance is different than the postal code given in the second email are you going to send your transcripts to each postal code given? That's what I'm planning on doing.

Sorry that I'm being so anal...

:D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got an early acceptance and I understand what you are talking about Wisdom Tooth. I also got two emails, one without my name on the 13 May and one with my name today. But today's email was a very general one and I think it was sent to everyone who interviewed at UWO. So its kinda confusing. Well lets just wait for the letter and see. I think I will also send my transcripts to both the addresses but I will wait for the letter before I send my transcript in.

I would just call Trish and ask, saves you the hassle/$ of sending more than one transcript. Yes, the email sent today with the "Hi [My Name]-" was sent to everyone in the applicant pool. Every time they send us emails it gets me excited :) Yoohoo! Hopefully they do send out the rest of the acceptances during the last week of June (as mentioned in today's email) as opposed to early July (as mentioned in a previous email).

I called Trish and she said that the second email was sent to everyone including those who did get early acceptances because there were a few things pertaining to all applicants. I told Trish that the postal code for the early acceptance email and the second email sent out were different and I mentioned that I sent one transcript to each postal code and she said it was fine. But unfortunately I forgot to ask her if it's okay to send it to just one address because I had already sent mine.

I would just call Trish and ask, saves you the hassle/$ of sending more than one transcript. Yes, the email sent today with the "Hi [My Name]-" was sent to everyone in the applicant pool. Every time they send us emails it gets me excited :) Yoohoo! Hopefully they do send out the rest of the acceptances during the last week of June (as mentioned in today's email) as opposed to early July (as mentioned in a previous email).

less wait time = better

good luck

:)

I think western is the only school that sends out an email to let you know they'll be emailing you about interviews/acceptances later, its kind of annoying because i automatically think they've made decisions only to be dissapointed lol. Not all bad I guess...the admissions process is definitely teaching me how to be patient

Just a few quick questions:

1. For those who received an early acceptance did you get an email that didn't specify your name, but just read Hi - ?

Is this because it was a mass email send to all of the 15 applicants at once?

2. For those who received an early acceptance did you also get a second email from Trish? I did and this time it actually read Hi [myname] - ?

3. Also, the postal code in the email for the early acceptance is different than the postal code given in the second email are you going to send your transcripts to each postal code given? That's what I'm planning on doing.

Sorry that I'm being so anal...

:D

Hey Wissy, I see you change your signature. lol, oh wait congrats.

________

Ford Towcommand

hi... for those who received early offer emails: i just received my letter today and it says that deadline to respond/pay 1000$ deposit is June 4th...

I also got the letter today and it says the same thing. Did your letter say anything about scholarships?

no, mine doesn't... it does have some info about Student Financial Services though... with bursaries ranging from 1000$-5000$.... in the website, it says that "In total, $2 million will be endowed to support 15 annual scholarships of $10,000 each to students in the DDS program, based on financial need. The first scholarships will be available in September 2007 to first-year students. (Please check back for the application form.)"... so i dont know if i will be eligible for these or not... my parents don't make much so im hoping i would...:P

no, mine doesn't... it does have some info about Student Financial Services though... with bursaries ranging from 1000$-5000$.... in the website, it says that "In total, $2 million will be endowed to support 15 annual scholarships of $10,000 each to students in the DDS program, based on financial need. The first scholarships will be available in September 2007 to first-year students. (Please check back for the application form.)"... so i dont know if i will be eligible for these or not... my parents don't make much so im hoping i would...:P

Well after undergrad aren't we all considered "independent" so it doesn't really matter what your parents make? I suppose some people may still be living at home with their parents though, so in that case I'm not sure if they would be considered "independent".

hi... according to the website http://www.uwo.ca/westerndir/help/buildings.html the postal code of the Stevenson-Lawson Building, where we have to send our transcripts, is listed as N6A 5B8... this postal code is also listed the main website of UWO... however, in the last email they have the postal code for transcripts listed as N6A 5C1, which i am thinking is an error... can someone verify for sure that it is N6A 5B8 instead of N6A 5C1...

hi... according to the website http://www.uwo.ca/westerndir/help/buildings.html the postal code of the Stevenson-Lawson Building, where we have to send our transcripts, is listed as N6A 5B8... this postal code is also listed the main website of UWO... however, in the last email they have the postal code for transcripts listed as N6A 5C1, which i am thinking is an error... can someone verify for sure that it is N6A 5B8 instead of N6A 5C1...

I sent it to both to be on the safe side, however I believe that the 5B8 one is correct one because if you take a look at the last email sent, at the bottom, the 5C1 postal code can be seen and it belongs to another address.

for those who received the letters, do you know what we have to do for the immunizations coz there is no form to fill out. So do we just have to provide proof of everything or how does it work?

I think it's more like an information sheet stating what is required of students and what would happen if they were to test positive for something, just to inform us how it will be dealt with. I don't think we need to worry about it as of now. I think once we accept the offer of admission all this business regarding immunizations and what not will follow. From my understanding we just need to do 2 things, pay the $1000 deposit and send to them the intent to register form.

I think it's more like an information sheet stating what is required of students and what would happen if they were to test positive for something, just to inform us how it will be dealt with. I don't think we need to worry about it as of now. I think once we accept the offer of admission all this business regarding immunizations and what not will follow. From my understanding we just need to do 2 things, pay the $1000 deposit and send to them the intent to register form.

Thanks, thats what I am going to do.

Thanks, thats what I am going to do.

If you read the last page of the immunization info sheet at the bottom it states that students must provide proof of immunization at time of registration. We haven't registered yet technically, so once we send in our intent to register they'll probably send us more information about what steps to follow next, including all this immunization stuff.

Archived