Premed 101 Forums

Early acceptance-UWO

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at the OMSAS table but there's nothing listed for 3.8...I don't understand how one is supposed to convert things then. Does anyone know anyone who got early acceptance AND that knows the best 2 year % grade UWO is using for their acceptance? This would be helpful.

i heard somebody from york got an early acceptance with gpa 3.87 and AA 19...just thought some people would appreciate this knowledge :)

is 3.87 on OMSAS scale (ie 3.87/4.00) or York scale?

a 3.87 on OMSAS scale could easily translate to 90% because i think york hands out A+.

yeah, GPA really doesn't say much about percentages. I have a decent percentage, but my GPA is pretty low because I have some high 70s. Having high 90s really helps my percentage, but not so much my GPA.

so yeah.. having some percentage info would really be helpful!:o

is 3.87 on OMSAS scale (ie 3.87/4.00) or York scale?

a 3.87 on OMSAS scale could easily translate to 90% because i think york hands out A+.

York uses a 9 point scale, not a 4.0 also they don't give out percentages only letter grades, so a 3.87/4.0 is the converted GPA.

There is no 3.7 because York doesn't have A - only A.

Conversion for York U is as follows:

A+= OMSAS 4.0 ----> 90-100%

A= OMSAS 3.8 -----> 80%-89%

B+= OMSAS 3.3 -----> 75%-79%

etc.

I looked at the OMSAS table but there's nothing listed for 3.8...I don't understand how one is supposed to convert things then. Does anyone know anyone who got early acceptance AND that knows the best 2 year % grade UWO is using for their acceptance? This would be helpful.

Hello,

I do not know exactly what a 3.8 is, you're right there is no percentage listed for the row 3.8 on the OMSAS scale. Only an A for any school that uses the 9scale like York and Manitoba. I went to York, I had no percentages only letter grades, I had As and A+s for my top two years, A=3.8 and A+=4.0 according to the OMSAS scale however, here is no way of knowing what a 3.8 translates to as a percentage that's why I don't know what my top two years are percentage wise so I always tell people using the 4.0 scale.

:D Well I made the big leap and called Trish :D

She said they are working on sending out the emails right now, and we will receive them either today or Monday~~ And then letters will get sent later....so...keep yourselves logged into your email ;)

OMG!! I'm still in the shock of the 1st one, this is so exciting!!

Congrats on getting into UMan :D That would be really awesome to get two acceptances in one day...definitely a reason to celebrate:cool:

Are you leaning more towards UWO or UMan?

UWO is my 1st choice cuz I'm from Ontario, but hey Manitoba is good too:p

:D Well I made the big leap and called Trish :D

She said they are working on sending out the emails right now, and we will receive them either today or Monday~~ And then letters will get sent later....so...keep yourselves logged into your email ;)

holy smokes! how am I supposed to concentrate at work today???? :eek:

Archived