Premed 101 Forums

Early acceptance-UWO

i haven't either... i sent trish an email asking her to confirm but no answer yet... don't know how else we can confirm for sure...

Yea, I did the same. I sent trish an email early thursday morning asking if she can confirm that she's received my transcript, $1000 deposit, and intent to register letter.

I'm going to wait until Monday to see if she responds, if not I'll call her.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Wisdom.

Ya.. I had the same problem too. But instead of emailing Trish, I called the registrar office 'cause they are in charge of this problem.

And they directed my call to Kathy, I guess she is in charge of professional admission process. And Kathy confirmed it for me.

Here is her number and extension.

519 661 2111 ext 82117.

ksadler@uwo.ca

I emailed and also called just to make sure.

Good luck.

Hey Wisdom.

Ya.. I had the same problem too. But instead of emailing Trish, I called the registrar office 'cause they are in charge of this problem.

And they directed my call to Kathy, I guess she is in charge of professional admission process. And Kathy confirmed it for me.

Here is her number and extension.

519 661 2111 ext 82117.

ksadler@uwo.ca

I emailed and also called just to make sure.

Good luck.

thanks you!

Sorry. This has nothing to do with early acceptances, but to those who got an email from Trish (I assume everybody who got an interview), what exactly does she mean by bonus points and what exactly do I have to do? I read it a few times but I still don't understand what she is talking about.

I got the email too. Basically she just wants to make sure everyone who should be getting bonus points is getting them in their application. One receives a few "slim" bonus points after completing an Honours 4 year degree or Masters. Since transcripts don't demonstrate a conferred degree (well I thought they did, but according to Trish they don't), she's checking up with everyone. It doesn't make much sense to me though...I emailed her saying that I did complete the Honours degree (as I had told her last year for applications). I'm not quite sure how they check, other than our word.

koft.. i have a question for you too... if you dont mind...

you said that 9 of the 66 ppl in your class ended up specializing in just 2 yrs after graduating?... do you know how many of them specialized in the US... also, in your opinion how competitve are endo, perio and prostho are if one was to apply in both US and canadian schools... thx

koft.. i have a question for you too... if you dont mind...

you said that 9 of the 66 ppl in your class ended up specializing in just 2 yrs after graduating?... do you know how many of them specialized in the US... also, in your opinion how competitve are endo, perio and prostho are if one was to apply in both US and canadian schools... thx

Most of the Endo, Perio and prostho programs in US do not participate in the MATCH, so it is 'almost' liked a rolling admission. Applied early for those. Endo can be quite competitive in the US, but if you have a good network in states, it helps. Perio, depending on the program in US, for Can. only 2 / 3 schools offer it spots are quite limited ranges around 2 - 3 / schools. Prostho, no idea, but if you read from Student Doctor . net, it doesn't seems to be too hard to get into in US.

Only 2 stayed in Canada, rest are in the US!

________

VAPORIZER VOLCANO

lol...I was @ the same slot! I wonder which one of them was you & whether I'll see you again in august ;)

It's good to put faces to people who post on the forum

I was the realllllly nervous one, with the an extremely concerned look on her face :D

Hopefully I will see you in august!

:)

Archived