Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlists

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everyone!!

For those still waiting, I can tell you that my spot at U of C will be released soon (after I send my decline tomorrow). I got off the waitlist at another school, and accepted there. It'll be a 4th IP spot.

Good luck!

In: (congrats to all)

Purple 70.20 (just arbitrarily started with Purple)

Alanna 70.16

Siobhansiobhan 70.06

JordanW 69.68

aceresearcher 69.67

Hopefuls:

Dudeman42 69.14

IIconanII69.12

Triguy 68.88

Firsttimer 68.81

SexyBeast 68.51

Premed03 68.39

Tooty 68.38

Homer's Wife 68.28

I really hope that the waitlist movement was not due to an increase in seats. I rather hear that news once we are into the 68s.

ok tooty, call me out on my obsession-compulsion! here i am :) i'm thinking that alberta never made full announcement on that one it was just within the admissions process and posted on these boards and it's part of the announcement that is about to be made? or it was seats that had already been announced last year?

that website i'm sure is where announcements like what's planned will show up. it's their official announcements page.

I keep getting the Voicemail (at the med office)- but Tooty, if U of A has already confirmed a seat increase and accepted extra students, isn't it likely that the U of C has as well? I heard last year the entering class didn't even know about the increase in seats from 125 to 135 until classes started. Apparently the U of C was very hush about it- a little strange.

Yep, the office confirmed the addition of new spots; however, she wouldn't say how many seats or why it was added.

She also said that waitlist movement never completely _stopped_ before the addition, but that it sped up to being "very active" thereafter.

Archived