Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlists

I had spoken to them yesterday and they didn't mention a single thing about additional seat number- this was at the end of the day. Also, I don't know why they won't disclose the number of seats opened up. Unbelievable!!!

I share those same sentiments. It is utter B.S.!!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 seats were released to U of C. As of 4:30 Friday. Two of my friends were accepted (not on this forum) on Thursday. The waitlist has not come to sub 69.50 (I have a friend on the waiting list who is at a 69.49).

I asked the admissions office is they felt that the sub 69 scores will make it. While they do not give any certain answers, I was told that there are many waitlisters above 69.

Folks,

Yes, it's true that there was no major announcement about the addition of seats last year, but keep in mind that even the Admissions Office didn't know about it until a couple of weeks before school started. They scrambled to find the additional 10 students to fill the spots. So, this year's announcement (while somewhat expected), came quite a bit earlier.

Med schools are heavily funded by the Provincial Government, and Admissions Office staff can only release as much information as they are given permission to. At the moment, I'm sure Adele, April and the other ladies are trying their best to answer your questions and concerns.

Good luck to you all, and I hope to meet many of you in August!

AHHHHHH!!!! Got the wonderful email last night. 4th time lucky I guess.

IP: 69.39

Here is encouragement to everyone that even with a undergrad GPA of 3.19 (last two years.. 3.54) it is possible with perserverence and a little luck.

Also to everyone new applying - practice those essay's. They are worth 10%of your final score. I would of got in a lot sooner if I didn't end up with 5.4/10 on the essay section.

congrats guys.

i'm sitting on a 68.33

knowing how close i am is seriously a huge kick in the balls.

Stick in there Tooty. I have a feeling that they will increase the seats by another 5-10. When I talked to April today, she said the waitlist is still fairly active and they expect that it will stay active until the first week of classes.

Thanks for the post abobash! I was really getting disheartened, but now it seems I'm really close. :D

You are only 0.05 away now!

Did everyone get that nice e-mail from April to the waitlisters? That was like torture thinking it was an acceptance e-mail! :eek:

Abobash may have been the last person to be called off of the waitlist on Friday. My cousin is at 69.17 and has not received an acceptance letter. Homer J., I am really doubting your wife's chances at this point. I would be surprised even if I get a call and I am 0.84 points ahead of your wife. She should focus on next year's application. I heard that last year there was a number of students accepted in the final week, not due to natural flow of the waitlist but due to an increase in seats (the government surely takes their time). So it would be rather futile of us to assume that a bunch of us are going to be accepted in the final week as the extra seats have already been declared.

When I last talked to April she never revealed anything about the waitlist other than that it was somewhat fluid. Regarding the last minute addition of seats, well, you never know. I was hoping that we would be in the 68's by Friday. U of A waitlist seems to have come to a standstill- I expect U of C to be doing the same. ****!!!

I know several people who will drop U of C if they get into U of A, or elsewhere...Homer, I think your wifes chances may be over this year, but I do know that several people who have accepted U of C will go elsewhere if opportunity arises.

Archived