Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlists

Why? What's wrong with U of C ? lol

Seriously. I'm doing summer electives after first year in different areas of inpatient and outpatient medicine and all the 2nd years and even clerks from other schools there are shocked that we know as much as we do. My preceptors have already pushed me into taking histories, doing physical exams and dictating visits by myself. The only time they are present is when we're discussing treatment and management options with the patients. I love my school :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to let you know that I officially withdrew from enrollment at the U of C and instead be attending med school in England along with my wife. This should open up a seat for an IP student. I went in to the office to withdraw. I was told that it was very unlikely that my wife, even if the province added another 10 seats, would have been accepted considering that I was the only IP student to pull out in the last two days. Good luck to all of you. Perhaps Dudeman42 will be the next one to be notified, if he or she already hasn't.

Good luck Homer. This is my third time being waitlisted at Calgary and I have always felt that I missed the mark by a couple of spots. That may not be the case this year. I missed it by a hell of a lot more. As my moniker says, I am standing at 68.45. I was told be a admission com. member from last year that for every person initially accepted, the U of C keeps one person on the waitlist. If my math is correct, 115 IP were initially accepted and 115 IP were on the wait list. That is a ridiculously large number.

I was told be a admission com. member from last year that for every person initially accepted, the U of C keeps one person on the waitlist. If my math is correct, 115 IP were initially accepted and 115 IP were on the wait list. That is a ridiculously large number.

115. Holy Crap! :eek: Doesn't the U of A keep 50-60?

I talked to an Advanced Ed. representative about 5 minutes ago regarding a seat increase and they said very little and were leaving it for the official announcement to be made. The only solid answer I was able to retrieve was there is no substantial increase in the MD seats for either Alberta schools this year, and but the focus is more for upcoming years. He suggested that the U of C has increased its capacity accordingly.

This is seriously depressing!

Dudeman42,

My nerves are a ****ing wreck. Just when I feel hopeless and feel like saying a few mean things to god/creator/allah, call it a whatever you like, good news trickles down this forum. Feel happy for you. This also means that I am 0.02 pts away.

A buddy at 68.99 got accepted but will decline to attend U of A. IIconanII, check your email or call the office if you are at 69.12.

Abobash,

Either your buddy (A) is mistaken about his score or bluffing, or the (B)admissions office is lying to me. I will go with (A) for now. If U of C calls me back and says that they made a mistake, remind me to buy you a beer during O-week.

Abobash,

Either your buddy (A) is mistaken about his score or bluffing, or the (B)admissions office is lying to me. I will go with (A) for now. If U of C calls me back and says that they made a mistake, remind me to buy you a beer during O-week.

Hey folks!

I'm an IP applicant with a score of 69.05. I don't really have a clue as to whether or not I'll be called up, but for sure, it hasn't hit me yet!

IIconanII, I sure hope you get the call/email/voicemail soon!

Sorry my bad. I am a bloody idiot. For the last few weeks I thought my score was 69.12. Actually it is 68.12. I should have double-checked it. Now it all makes sense. I am seriously embarassed and furthermore devastated with my score. Good luck to all while I contemplate my future. I will start believing in miracles if I am accepted with that score. :(:( :( :(

Sorry my bad. I am a bloody idiot. For the last few weeks I thought my score was 69.12. Actually it is 68.12. I should have double-checked it. Now it all makes sense. I am seriously embarassed and furthermore devastated with my score. Good luck to all while I contemplate my future. I will start believing in miracles if I am accepted with that score. :(:( :( :(

You gotta have faith bro. There are still over 3 weeks until the first day. I would have never imagined that people with a score below 69 would be accepted and guess what?

In

Alanna 70.16

Siobhansiobhan 70.06

JordanW 69.68

aceresearcher 69.67

Friend of "on the other hand..." 69.49

snp queen 69.39

Homer's friend 69.33

Dudeman42 69.14

abobash 69.12

lylmedgirl 69.05

abobash's friend 68.99 (??)

On the other hand's friend 68.90 (??)

perdita 69.00 July 14

Hopefuls

Triguy 68.88

Firsttimer 68.81

SexyBeast 68.51

68.45 68.45

Premed03 68.39

Tooty 68.38

Homer's Wife 68.28

IIconanII 68.12 (my heart goes out to you bro)

I am officially obsessed with this game/waitlist thing!

Archived