Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlists

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People please! If you are not 100% sure, please do not state the scores of people who were offered acceptance. It ruins the integrity of this forum and not to mention upsets those who are on the brink being accepted. I just went from being fairly joyed that I was under 0.28 points away to being disappointed that in reality I am over 0.5 points away.

I was talking to another waitlister this evening at the U of C gym and he had emailed April directly to find out about this commotion. He said that in her response, April was quite clear about three things:

1. Don't believe some of the stuff on this forum (especially today's movement)

2. The waitlist is moving quote "very slowly" at this point.

3. The application for next year will be accessible on July 15 (he never asked about next year's application).

I guess its next year for me as "very slowly" won't save me.

I strongly suspect that lylmedgirl, at 69.05, was the last one accepted. She might be very well the last person to be accepted this year.

Hello. I just joined. My name is Perdita Sirois and I am IP with a score of 69.00. I have not heard anything. I was accepted at U of A but I would attend U of C if granted the opportunity.

Hello. I just joined. My name is Perdita Sirois and I am IP with a score of 69.00. I have not heard anything. I was accepted at U of A but I would attend U of C if granted the opportunity.

Are you a 4th yr applicant or 2nd/3rd year?

The office should be closing within the next 10 minutes... so any news today? I was told that those who received offers last week had 3 days to accept. That should take us to today for those notified on Friday.

Nothing for me.

I don't know if I'm the last person accepted, but my round of acceptances should expire Thursday afternoon. Goodluck to those hoping to hear back on Friday. Oh, and there should have been at least 4-5 people notified on Monday as my score was definitely lower than the 69.19 at the time.

I called the admissions office as to inquire about my situation. They did say that everyone who was offered admission in the last week has accepted the offer. They highly doubt that they would be making any calls today. NOT GOOD!

"NOT GOOD" indeed. You are so close. I am 0.55 lower than you and I am feeling that I was robbed. Still though. Keep your fingers crossed.

I contacted the office again this morning and I was told that the waitlist stands as it was on Thursday.

Advanced Education got back to my message that I had left for them on Friday and like a previous post had mentioned, they said that the seat increase has already taken place at both schools and an official announcement for the media and public will take place sometime in late late August. The gentleman who spoke to me also made it quite clear that a last minute flurry of additional seats is extremely doubtful.

0.05 away. So sad.

Archived